West Allis area citizens are invited to join students and staff of Milwaukee Area Technical College’s West Allis Campus in a neighborhood clean-up and party to celebrate Earth Day Saturday, April 24. The event will include a litter cleanup of the area from 9-11:30 a.m., followed by lunch and music from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in the cafeteria at the West Allis Campus Main Building, 1200 S. 71st St., West Allis.
“We urge people to bring their children to teach them to take care of the planet along with us,” said Jerry O’Sullivan, campus coordinator of student life. The event is sponsored by the West Allis Campus Student Senate and Office of Student Life.
The cleanup is being planned in conjunction with Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful. All participants will receive a coupon for free admission to the Milwaukee County Zoo, the Mitchell Park Conservatory (The Domes) or a Par-3 Golf Course.
Participants will clean from South Greenfield Avenue north to the railroad tracks and from West 70th Street to the State Fair Park Grounds at West 77th Street. Workers should gather in the cafeteria of the West Campus Main Building at 9 a.m. Those interested in participating are asked to (414) 456-5304 to register by Friday, April 23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Homeward Bound Adoption Event!
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Pre Three Class
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- Ebenezer Child Care Centers Names New Board of Director
- Teal-A-Thon, Shimmy For a Cause
- MATC Protective Services Hosts Sept. 11 Remembrance Ceremony
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th