The West Allis Central High School Drama Department is pleased to present the classic comedy, Charley's Aunt. The play takes place in Oxford, England in the 1890's. Two students, Charley Wykeham and Jack Chesney, want to propose marriage to two lovely women. One of the women's uncles, who is a guardian to the other, won't let them anywhere near the boys; but he is going out of town. Nevertheless, the young ladies won't visit the men without a chaperone. Charley's aunt from Brazil, (where the nuts come from),is expected to arrive. When she doesn't, the boys convince their friend and fellow student, Mr. Babbs Babberley, to pose as the aunt. This deception sets in motion a series of events that includes Babbs getting courted by both the Uncle and Jack's father. The dates of the production are March 12th, March 13th, March 19th and March 20th. All shows are at 7:30 pm. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for students/seniors. The play is being presented at the West Allis Central High School Auditorium, located at 8516 W. Lincoln Avenue.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Concert Band is Recruiting New Members!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- More WAWM Students Opt for AP Exams
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Back to School Bash - City Wide Free Open House
- UW-Waukesha's musical “Avenue Q” opens August 7:Artist’s reception to kick off hilarious summer musical