The West Allis Central High School Drama Department is pleased to present the classic comedy, Charley's Aunt. The play takes place in Oxford, England in the 1890's. Two students, Charley Wykeham and Jack Chesney, want to propose marriage to two lovely women. One of the women's uncles, who is a guardian to the other, won't let them anywhere near the boys; but he is going out of town. Nevertheless, the young ladies won't visit the men without a chaperone. Charley's aunt from Brazil, (where the nuts come from),is expected to arrive. When she doesn't, the boys convince their friend and fellow student, Mr. Babbs Babberley, to pose as the aunt. This deception sets in motion a series of events that includes Babbs getting courted by both the Uncle and Jack's father. The dates of the production are March 12th, March 13th, March 19th and March 20th. All shows are at 7:30 pm. Ticket prices are $8 for adults, $6 for students/seniors. The play is being presented at the West Allis Central High School Auditorium, located at 8516 W. Lincoln Avenue.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- North Shore Bank Helps Kick Off Candy Cane Lane on Nov. 28
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- Bohman to Play Division 1 Volleyball
- Program Serving Up More than Lunch
- Christmas Holly Fair
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Rogers Foundation Collecting Toys and Other Gifts for Patients