In September of 2009 a "Coming Soon" sign piqued the interest of West Allis residents strolling the Greenfield Avenue strip downtown. The storefront next to George Webb's on Greenfield Avenue between 72nd and 73rd with its spacious alcove, commanding display windows, and bright blue facade had been empty for what seemed like forever. But then it appeared: "Coming Soon - BLUE! The Grown Up Gift Shop - Adult Novelties, Tobacco Accessories, Imported Gifts"
The response was split - some West Allis residents were overjoyed to see a young business move into a struggling downtown, while others were curious what exactly this store was all about.
"BLUE - The Grown Up Gift Shop" 7223 W. Greenfield Avenue, 414.453.7223, opened its doors on November 27th, 2009 and as the only retail store of its kind in all of greater Milwaukee, BLUE has enjoyed substantial growth in just two months. Blue is not your typical "Adult Store" but describes itself as couples-centered with high quality products (lingerie, toys, massage oils, lubricants, magazines, dvd's) and outstanding service. BLUE's atmosphere is classy, comfortable, and inviting.
BLUE also has a wide selection of tobacco accessories, such as wood, metal, stone, horn, and glass pipes including Wisconsin-blown glass hand pipes and water pipes. In addition to adult novelties and tobacco accessories, BLUE offers imported gifts and home decor: Indian tapestries, Kenyan stone carvings, Peruvian incense burners, and incense including Nag Champa, Gonesh, Nose Desserts, and more.
Though some may be skeptical at first, BLUE has proven itself as a store even first-time patrons will not feel embarrassed browsing. BLUE's hours are Mon-Sat: 10am-9pm. Stop in and check it out for yourself.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert