Because of his steadfast commitment to protecting taxpayers, Scott Walker has built a model for operating a government that others, especially at the State and Federal levels, would be wise to follow. Since taking office, Walker has lowered overall county debt, reduced the county workforce, and improved the county’s bond rating. His vision of a streamlined county government has paved the way for operating efficiencies that have saved taxpayers tens of millions of dollars while providing and improving core county services.
The Family Care program has eliminated the waiting list for long-term care for older adults. The Wraparound program was chosen out of 700 applicants to win one of six prestigious awards from Harvard University. The Milwaukee County Parks Department, won the National Gold Medal for Excellence as the best park system in the country, has been updated by improving the Mitchell Park Domes and Bradford Beach, building a new Aquatic Center and developing several new dog parks. In 2010, additional renovations totaling more the $40 million dollars will be completed as part of an accelerated building program.
One of the most telling signs that Scott Walker knows how to make a government live within its means is the fact that while most other branches of government ran a deficit in 2009, Milwaukee County closed the year with a small surplus.
As a fellow elected county official, I am pleased to work together with Scott to help make Milwaukee County not only a great place to live but an affordable place to live, and as a fellow county taxpayer, I am grateful for his strong, principled leadership and his dedication to spending my money like his own. Scott Walker has been an excellent County Executive and he will be a great Governor.
Milwaukee County Supervisor
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert