The office of the Milwaukee chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (Milwaukee/NARI), the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 48 years, is officially a U.S. Marine Corps Reserve “Toys-For-Tots” drop-off location.
Now through Mon., Dec. 14, new (and unwrapped) toys along with cash contributions will be collected for underprivileged children in our area at the Milwaukee/NARI office, located at 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. (second floor) in Wauwatosa.
The office is open to the public Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Call Milwaukee/NARI at 414-771-4071 for directions.
In addition, Milwaukee/NARI members and their staffs will donate to the collection drive, with the association’s annual holiday party collecting toys for the drive.
The mission of the Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community. Toys for Tots seeks to deliver a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.
Toys For Tots donations will also be collected during the free “What to Expect When Starting a Remodeling Project and the Process” panel discussion in the Milwaukee/NARI office on Wed., Nov. 11, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Representatives from Milwaukee/NARI member companies will address all types of exterior and interior remodeling and home improvement projects, offering insight to homeowners as to how best go about working with a contractor based on the type of work that will be done.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961, as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. With over 900 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the largest in the nation.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin
- CITY OF WEST ALLIS TO HOST OPEN HOUSE TO DISCUSS CONCEPTS FOR NATIONAL AVENUE CORRIDOR