Violet "Sandy" Epping-Fobair was born on October 3rd, 1909. She will be celebrating her 100th birthday in Brookfield, Wisconsin, with her friends, grandchildren and great-grandchildren from Wisconsin and Utah.
"Sandy" was born and raised in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. She currently lives in Brookfield, Wisconsin with her son and daughter-in-law, John and Betty Fobair, and still keeps her hair her trademark "Sandy Red" color!
Around 1920, Sandy moved with her family to Waukesha and attributes her values and work ethic to the hard work she did on a farm in Goerkes Corners.
When she married, she and her husband Roy opened Roy's diner in West Allis. After Roy's death, Sandy managed an apartment building for over 20 years around 25th and Wisconsin Avenue in Milwaukee.
Sandy has always loved the outdoors, living in Alaska for a time in before 1950. Upon her retirement, she and her long-time friend, Patrick Pentony travelled throughout Northern Wisconsin and Alaska in a small camper until their late 70s. In 1993, they moved in with her son and daughter-in-law, John and Betty Fobair, where she lives today. Patrick has since passed away.
She loves gardening and even raised and sold African violets. Her love of violets keeps her busy today.
This year will mark three milestones - her son's 50th wedding anniversary (January 24th), her 100th birthday (October 3rd), and her first grandson's 50th birthday (on December 25th).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22
- Foti Chiropractic Launches Encore Campaign for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- The Allegro Eminence Dance Center is Now Open!
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- The Equitable Bank Collects 1,800 Pounds of Food During Starch Madness
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction
- Milwaukee author releases new book “Consistent Cash Flow” to help local business owners
- Ebenezer Child Care Centers to Host Working Parent's Luncheon on how to "Escape Adulthood: Living and working with less stress and more fun"