WACMC (Time Warner Cable channel 14) will air a half hour program about religion in West Allis and West Milwaukee beginning August 31st. Credo (the Latin word for "I believe) will air on Mondays at 7pm and Tuesdays at 6am and 11am.
The host of this show is West Allis resident Bob Schram who holds a BA in Theology and is currently attending graduate school at Marquette University.
Credo is divided into two segments: the first segment consists of a "lecture" by Schram about the Roman Catholic interpretation of the Apostles' Creed. The second segment consists of an interview with "representatives" of various religions (i.e. priests, ministers, pastors, etc.) about their faith's beliefs and practices.
Credo's aim is not necessarily to evangelize but to educate and inform viewers about what Roman Catholics and other religions believe.
The first episode of Credo discusses the origin and history of the Apostles' Creed. It will feature an interview with Father Robert Massey, pastor of Holy Assumption Parish in downtown West Allis. Fr. Massey discusses the history of West Allis Catholicism, the Assumption of Mary (the parish's namesake), and other interesting topics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Summer Basketball Camps for Youth
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- Chamber of Commerce & Fr. Gene's Help Center Team Up For Donation Drive!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Men Journeying Through Grief