WACMC (Time Warner Cable channel 14) will air a half hour program about religion in West Allis and West Milwaukee beginning August 31st. Credo (the Latin word for "I believe) will air on Mondays at 7pm and Tuesdays at 6am and 11am.
The host of this show is West Allis resident Bob Schram who holds a BA in Theology and is currently attending graduate school at Marquette University.
Credo is divided into two segments: the first segment consists of a "lecture" by Schram about the Roman Catholic interpretation of the Apostles' Creed. The second segment consists of an interview with "representatives" of various religions (i.e. priests, ministers, pastors, etc.) about their faith's beliefs and practices.
Credo's aim is not necessarily to evangelize but to educate and inform viewers about what Roman Catholics and other religions believe.
The first episode of Credo discusses the origin and history of the Apostles' Creed. It will feature an interview with Father Robert Massey, pastor of Holy Assumption Parish in downtown West Allis. Fr. Massey discusses the history of West Allis Catholicism, the Assumption of Mary (the parish's namesake), and other interesting topics.
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- Campus News
- A Disappearing Continues!
- New Theater Company Takes an Analytical Approach to Entertainment
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips
- Suburban Concert Band plays Spring Concert May 20
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs