Music Director Steven Joyal will lead a themed concert by The Suburban Singers entitled "THE SENSATIONAL SIXTIES". The concert takes place at the West Milwaukee Intermediate School Auditorium, located at 5104 West Greenfield Avenue, on Friday, May 8, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 in advance or $7.00 at the door.
The program will feature popular music from the 1960s, including songs by The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Fifth Dimension, and many, many more. There will also be a variety of show tunes from "Hair", "Hairspray", "Stopt he World, I wanna Get Off", and "Camelot", to name a few!
The 45-voice Suburban Singers group includes members from all around the metro-Milwaukee area, with about half of the membership from the communities of West Allis and West Milwaukee.
The special guest group is the West Allis-West Milwaukee All-City Children's Chorus, which will perform songs from "The Sound of Music", "Mary Poppins", and the popular hit "Stand By Me". This group includes children from third through eighth grades from several schools.
A pre-concert "Empire Lounge" show begins at 7:15, featuring dozens of songs that cannot be included in the concert due to time constraints!
The West Milwaukee Auditorium is handicapped accessible and the doors will open at about 7:00 p.m.
- West Central Interfaith Summer Picnic
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- Campus News
- A Disappearing Continues!
- New Theater Company Takes an Analytical Approach to Entertainment
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips