Music Director Steven Joyal will lead a themed concert by The Suburban Singers entitled "THE SENSATIONAL SIXTIES". The concert takes place at the West Milwaukee Intermediate School Auditorium, located at 5104 West Greenfield Avenue, on Friday, May 8, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 in advance or $7.00 at the door.
The program will feature popular music from the 1960s, including songs by The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Fifth Dimension, and many, many more. There will also be a variety of show tunes from "Hair", "Hairspray", "Stopt he World, I wanna Get Off", and "Camelot", to name a few!
The 45-voice Suburban Singers group includes members from all around the metro-Milwaukee area, with about half of the membership from the communities of West Allis and West Milwaukee.
The special guest group is the West Allis-West Milwaukee All-City Children's Chorus, which will perform songs from "The Sound of Music", "Mary Poppins", and the popular hit "Stand By Me". This group includes children from third through eighth grades from several schools.
A pre-concert "Empire Lounge" show begins at 7:15, featuring dozens of songs that cannot be included in the concert due to time constraints!
The West Milwaukee Auditorium is handicapped accessible and the doors will open at about 7:00 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert
- West Allis Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre Company’s “Advent of Redemption”
- Shielded Hearts Partners with Police & Child Protection Center to Collect Holiday Items for Needy Children
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Encourage Homeowners to Do Their Homework When Selecting Roofing and Gutter Upgrades
- Christmas House by Candlelight
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays
- Girl Scouts names Christy Miller of West Milwaukee senior director of development