Music Director Steven Joyal will lead a themed concert by The Suburban Singers entitled "THE SENSATIONAL SIXTIES". The concert takes place at the West Milwaukee Intermediate School Auditorium, located at 5104 West Greenfield Avenue, on Friday, May 8, 2009 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 in advance or $7.00 at the door.
The program will feature popular music from the 1960s, including songs by The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Fifth Dimension, and many, many more. There will also be a variety of show tunes from "Hair", "Hairspray", "Stopt he World, I wanna Get Off", and "Camelot", to name a few!
The 45-voice Suburban Singers group includes members from all around the metro-Milwaukee area, with about half of the membership from the communities of West Allis and West Milwaukee.
The special guest group is the West Allis-West Milwaukee All-City Children's Chorus, which will perform songs from "The Sound of Music", "Mary Poppins", and the popular hit "Stand By Me". This group includes children from third through eighth grades from several schools.
A pre-concert "Empire Lounge" show begins at 7:15, featuring dozens of songs that cannot be included in the concert due to time constraints!
The West Milwaukee Auditorium is handicapped accessible and the doors will open at about 7:00 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Greenfield Concert Band is Recruiting New Members!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- More WAWM Students Opt for AP Exams
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus