Come celebrate spring and help children and adults challenged by hearing loss by attending the Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing’s 6th annual Gardens Luncheon, “Celebrating our Heritage,” on Thursday, April 23, at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin.
With the renewed interest in home gardening, there has also been new interest in the many joys and benefits of integrating heirloom plants into gardens and landscaping. In addition to their rich history, heirloom plants are also important to the environment and the casual gardener because they create critical biodiversity for insects and animals and are typically very hardy and require little care.
For those interested in finding out more about this new trend, the Gardens Luncheon will feature guest speaker Betty Adelman, owner of Heritage Flower Farm, who will share intriguing stories of some of our most loved heirloom plants and how to successfully integrate them into your contemporary home garden or landscape. The luncheon will be emceed by Joyce Garbaciak of WISN-TV, and the event chair is Joanie Achs, of Bayside.
In addition to a light lunch, silent auction and networking opportunities, this year’s luncheon will also feature one-of-a-kind centerpieces with pottery created by local artisans from The Potter’s Shop and Waukesha Clay Art Guild, and flower designs courtesy of students from the Milwaukee School of Flower Design.
Tickets to the Gardens Luncheon are $65 each and can be purchased online at www.cdhh.org or by calling 414-604-2200. The luncheon will take place at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn, Milwaukee, from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM on Thursday, April 23.
The Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is located at 10243 W. National Avenue in West Allis and has been serving children and adults with hearing loss for more than 80 years. It offers a full range of services and technologies to enhance the quality of life of individuals with hearing loss – from infants to the elderly. For more information about the Center, visit www.cdhh.org or call 414-604-2200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- West Allis resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- North Shore Banks Hosts Holiday Event at West Allis Branch on Dec. 20
- Jon Jossart Named General Manager of New Hampton Inn & Suites, to Open in August Near State Fair Grounds
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014