From Conrad LeBeau
2003 South 96th St
West Allis WI 53227
545-6539 or 329-0648
March 5, 2009
Cell Phone towers in West Allis emit microwave radiation at levels that most likely is harming the local population
To Mayor Dan Devine
Alderman Gary T Barczak
Alderman Michael J Czaplewski
Alderman Kurt E Kopplin
Alderman Thomas G Lajsic
Alderman Richard F Narlock
Alderwoman Rosalie L Reinke
Alderman Daniel J Roadt
Alderman James W Sengstock
Alderman Vincent Vitale
Alderman Martin J Weigel
From my research of the past few years, I am convinced that the two major sources of pollution on the planet are coal and microwave radiation from the use of cell phones and cell phone towers with the towers being the biggest threat of all. The emissions from burning coal used for producing electricity include mercury (a neurotoxin that can cause brain and neurological damage) ruins our rivers and lakes by poisoning the fish making them unfit for human consumption. The other emissions are sulfur dioxide, nitric oxide and fine particulates that can cause respiratory illness including asthma, bronchitis, emphysema and COPD. The toxic effects of mercury can be found at the EPA and/or Wisconsin’s DNR website. Coalisnottheanswer.org has a lengthly documented article with charts that identifies the number of people dying from the pollutants in coal. In West Allis, it is one fatality every 4 to 8 weeks. This is why we need clean energy from wind and solar and we need it now - to end the damage to our health and environment from using electricity generated by coal. Like coal, the other source of pollution is electromagnetic in the form of microwaves that carry wireless cell phone messages around the world.
I have enclosed a copy of quarterly journal that I have published for the past several years. The Journal publishes a wide range of articles on immunological and health issues. While no one can dispute the convenience of using a cell phone, most people using cell phones are unaware of real and potential adverse effects.
This last issue of the Journal of Immunity reports on the effects of cell phone radiation on red blood cells and animal studies showing that cell phone microwaves increase free radicals and lower the body’s main anti-oxidant defebse - glutathione. WHAT IS DISTURBING IS THAT THERE IS NOT A SINGLE STUDY IN HUMANS DUPLICATING THESE EFFECTS THAT WERE OBSERVED IN RATS. THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE STUDY MEASURING THE RATE OF CELL DESTRUCTION SUCH AS THE NEOPTERIN, BETA 2 MICROGLOBULIN TEST OR THE SEDIMENTATION RATE.
THERE ARE NO INDUSTRY FUNDED LONG TERM STUDIES AND NONE ON MEASUIRNG PRE-DISEASE CONDITONS LIKE THE EFFECTS OF CELL PHONE RADIATION ON RED AND WHITE BLOOD CELLS. Based on what is now known and published, microwave radiation from cell phone towers can be expected to accelerate the aging process, speed up the development of heart disease and cancer and generally weaken the immune response to infectious disease.
THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS HAS RUSHED THIS WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY INTO EVERY MAJOR CITY IN THE UNITED STATES APPARENTLY TO SUPPORT THE BOTTOM LINE OF SALES AND PROFITS. THE INDUSTRY FUNDS SHORT TERM STUDIES TO FEED THE GRIST MILL OF FAVORABLE PUBLICITY WHILE CAREFULLY AVOIDING STUDIES THAT MEASURE THE EFECTS ON BLOOD PARAMETERS AND LONG TERM EFFECTS LIKE CANCER AND HEART DISEASE.
Side effects are being reported worldwide on the internet and include insomnia, headaches, fatigue and chronic infections with the worst effects being reported by people living within 1000 ft of a cell phone tower. The FCC and the communications industry has set its safety limits based on emissions of a single tower. In reality, anyone living in the City of West Allis is likely to be exposed to radiation from 10 to 20 or more cell phone towers simultaneously. The cumulative effects of all these cell phone towers has never been tested by either the government or the telecommunications industry.
How many cell phone towers are within 4 miles of City Hall
located at 7525 W Greenfield Ave, West Allis 53214
(See enclosed printout and count the number yourself)
Go to antennasearch.com and type in any address, your own home address and find out for yourself how many cell phone towers are sending radiation through your body millions of times per second, 24/7 and 365 days a year.
Has anyone ever asked people in this city who live within one city block (500 ft or less) of a cell phone tower if they have experienced insomnia, headaches, fatigue, heart palpitations and chronic infections on an regular basis? IS IT NOT ABOUT TIME THAT SOMEONE ASK THESE QUESTIONS?
CAN THE CITY DO ANYTHING ABOUT CELL PHONE TOWERS?
1. Can the City require that the distance of new cell phone towers be 1000 ft from any inhabited building?
2. Can the City force existing towers to be moved to a minimum distance of 1000 ft from any inhabited residential or business building?
3. Can the City of West Allis require telecommunications corporations that lease locations from the city or private parties for installing cell phone towers be required to carry a liability insurance policy to pay for possible future health damage to citizens of this community from exposure to cell phone radiation?
4. Can the City void existing leases if there is evidence of an existing health threat to citizens of this community?
5. Should the City of West Allis require Telecommunications corporations to put up funds for the West Allis Health Dept to develop tests in conjunction with the Medical College of Wisconsin to test the effects on blood and blood parameters of all persons living within 500 ft or 1000 ft of all existing cell phone towers and specifically for the following:
a. Oxidative stress
b. Glutathione levels
c. Cortisol levels
d. HGH levels
e. C - Reactive Protein (CRP) measures inflammation
f. Sedimentation rate or neopterin levels (to measure the rate of cell destruction)
g. Beta 2 microglobulin levels (measures rate of cell destruction)
h. Observe and photograph the effects of cell phone tower radiation on white and red blood cells using dark field microscopsy.
i. Liver panel tests to measure if cell phone tower radiation damages the liver.
These tests along with “controls” designed and set up by the Medical College of Wisconsin could give some definitive answers to the question of the adverse effects of cell phone towers to citizens of this community.
A final question to each of you and this is an ethical one.
Can money received by the City of West Allis for leasing space to phone companies to set up their wireless towers be morally or ethically justified if those same towers cause damage to the health of persons who live nearby and who are not informed by either the City or the Telecommunications industry of the potential harm they may experience living near a cell phone tower?
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert