West Allis now has its first Community Garden in Rainbow Park!
Mayor Dan Devine cut the ribbon on August 16th accompanied by Alderman Michael May, Dennis Lukaszewski of the UW Extension, Tom Rebstock of the West Allis Community Garden Committee, and Mary Koller of the West Allis Health Department.
The Rainbow Park Garden was a five year venture and combined effort of the Milwaukee County Parks, the UW Extension, the City of West Allis, the Home Depot, the West Allis Community Improvement Foundation, the West Allis Community Garden Committee, and the West Allis Health Department.
Lukaszewski added, "Out of all of our (UW Extension)garden sites, Rainbow Park definitely had the most community involvement (to get it completed)."
The Rainbow Park Garden has 40 plots for rent through the UW Extension, and all were rented this 2014 growing season! "That shows the high interest our West Allis community has in growing their own food, eating right, and choosing to be healthy!", says Mary Koller.
For more information about garden plot rentals, call the UW Extension at (414)256-4606.
For more information about the West Allis Community Garden Committee, call Mary Koller at (414)302-8609.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Richfield Art at the Mill