Make plans to join us Saturday morning, September 20, in the scenic Greenfield Park of West Allis as the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance (WOCA) holds its 9th annual Nancy’s Run Rock & Stroll.
Registration for the 5K run and 2-mile walk begins at 8 a.m. at Cool Waters Pavilion in the park. The family event features a short “Rascal Romp” for children 8 and under, and dogs are always welcome. Many pet owners dress them up in teal, the color of ovarian cancer.
Stick around after the race and the first drink is on us. If you pre-register, you can enjoy a free beer, soda or Gatorade as the party carries on in the park.
Prior to the race, you can buy and personalize your own balloon as we launch several hundred teal balloons for a symbolic kick-off to the event.
Make sure you register before September 1 to sign up a team.
You can still contribute to the ovarian cancer cause even if you can’t make the event. There’s an easy way to donate on the home page.
Learn more at www.wisconsinovariancancer.org or call us at 262-797-7804
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC to be Held May 30
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- 5th Annual Tosa West Multicultural Fair
- Sole Sister's Vendor EXPO!
- Village Playhouse presents "Rapunzel"