Pouf up your hair, style up your mullet, dig out those shoulder pads and step back into the 1980's! The West Allis Players will take you back in time as it presents its summer musical, "The Wedding Singer." Based upon the mega-hit movie starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, this show tells the story of Robbie Hart, a wedding reception entertainer who is looking forward to his own wedding. After he is jilted, he finds himself not only helping his new friend, Julia, plan her wedding -- all the while growing to despise her sleazy groom-to-be Glen -- but falling in love with her, too.
Veteran actors return to the West Allis stage in this production. Nicholas Callan Haubner plays the lovelorn Robbie, Jerry Krajewski is the overly-ambitious Glen Guglia. Newcomer Anna Otto is the charming Julia. Theater patrons may remember Haubner as The Cat in the Hat and Krajewski as Horton the Elephant in last summer's show, "Seussical the Musical."
"The Wedding Singer" opens July 18. Show times are: 7:30 p.m. July 18,19,25 and 26 and 2 p.m. July 27. The theater is located at 8516 W. Lincoln Avenue. Ticket prices are: Adults $20, Seniors and Students $18 and Children under 13 $12. Tickets are purchased at the door.
West Allis Players' October production will be the murder mystery, "The Cupcake Killer." When a bossy church secretary is poisoned at the annual church social held in a small town in Louisiana, the local sheriff must not only try to find a killer but must contend with a famous mystery novelist who suddenly shows up and tries to help him solve the crime.
Visit www.waplayers.org for complete show details.
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- Campus News
- A Disappearing Continues!
- New Theater Company Takes an Analytical Approach to Entertainment
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Bathroom Remodel Budget Tips
- Suburban Concert Band plays Spring Concert May 20
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs