As Wisconsin celebrates Earth Week, AT&T is teaming up with IndependenceFirst, River Run Computers and Rocket Clicks to encourage consumers and businesses to recycle their old electronic devices through the “Stuff the Truck for Independence Drive.”
The free electronic collection drive will be held on Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Pettit National Ice Center located at 500 S. 84th Street in Milwaukee (rain or shine).
Computer donations will benefit IndependenceFirst, a nonprofit agency directed by and for the benefit of people with disabilities that primarily serves the four-county metropolitan Milwaukee area.
The following electronics with a plug or battery will be accepted: computers, laptops, cell phones, tablets, appliances and TVs, as well as computer accessories like mice and keyboards. Recycling is being provided by Digital Recyclers. The data destruction process for all donated laptops and computers will follow strict identity theft prevention standards.
Those who are unable to attend the event Saturday can always recycle their old small electronics weekly from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the River Run Headquarters, 2320 W. Camden Road, in Glendale.
Recycling old computer equipment to benefit IndependenceFirst will provide opportunities for people with disabilities to obtain a computer they otherwise could not afford, develop crucial job pre-skills, gain information, seek jobs or housing, and get peer support.
Individuals with a large amount of computer equipment to recycle (10 workstations or more) can arrange for a pick up. If you have questions regarding the event or about recycling services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-228-7474.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Milwaukee/NARI Office Serving As Salvation Army Toy Shop Collection Location
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- From Youth Apprentice to Full-Time Employee
- West Allis Diamond Twirlers 2014 Season
- Volunteer Celebrates 35 Years Participating In Holiday Folk Fair
- Mary Jude Residents Paint Festive Pumpkins
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish