Think of it as "American Idol" or "America's Got Talent" for Wisconsin youth. The Kids from Wisconsin - a troupe of singers, dancers and musicians that travel the state each summer - is holding auditions for this year's 33 Kids.
Instrumentalists Openings exist for the following instrumental chairs:
• trombone (tenor and bass)
• woodwind (tenor and alto sax with clarinet and flute doubles)
• keyboard/piano (with synthesizer knowledge important)
• electric bass
• trap set
• auxiliary percussion
Audition candidates should be prepared to play scales, a solo (jazz, popular or classical), and/or an excerpt from a jazz band arrangement, and sight reading. Guitar and keyboard should demonstrate chord knowledge. All instrumentalists, including rhythm section players, will need to provide their own instruments and equipment for live auditions.
Applications are available at KidsFromWisconsin.org, and are due ASAP to be eligible for auditions Feb. 21 through Feb. 23. Participants must be between 15 and 20.
Each June, a stage performance created by a professional artistic staff is taught during an intense 17-day camp. During the following 10 weeks, the troupe performs 70 shows throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest, including daily appearances at the Wisconsin State Fair.
A summer with the KIDS is one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences an aspiring young performer can have. Many KIDS alumni have gone on to successful careers in performance, music education and many other fields of endeavor.
For information, call (414) 266-7067.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Potty Training Tips for Toddlers
- Milwaukee Choristers to Present Spring Concert
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC to be Held May 30
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13