Think of it as "American Idol" or "America's Got Talent" for Wisconsin youth. The Kids from Wisconsin - a troupe of singers, dancers and musicians that travel the state each summer - is holding auditions for this year's 33 Kids.
Instrumentalists Openings exist for the following instrumental chairs:
• trombone (tenor and bass)
• woodwind (tenor and alto sax with clarinet and flute doubles)
• keyboard/piano (with synthesizer knowledge important)
• electric bass
• trap set
• auxiliary percussion
Audition candidates should be prepared to play scales, a solo (jazz, popular or classical), and/or an excerpt from a jazz band arrangement, and sight reading. Guitar and keyboard should demonstrate chord knowledge. All instrumentalists, including rhythm section players, will need to provide their own instruments and equipment for live auditions.
Applications are available at KidsFromWisconsin.org, and are due ASAP to be eligible for auditions Feb. 21 through Feb. 23. Participants must be between 15 and 20.
Each June, a stage performance created by a professional artistic staff is taught during an intense 17-day camp. During the following 10 weeks, the troupe performs 70 shows throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest, including daily appearances at the Wisconsin State Fair.
A summer with the KIDS is one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences an aspiring young performer can have. Many KIDS alumni have gone on to successful careers in performance, music education and many other fields of endeavor.
For information, call (414) 266-7067.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Hoops for Awareness
- Nathan Hale Girls YOUTH Summer Basketball Camp
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Join Us for a Free Brat Fry!
- KIDS hit the Road starting in West Allis