Think of it as "American Idol" or "America's Got Talent" for Wisconsin youth. The Kids from Wisconsin - a troupe of singers, dancers and musicians that travel the state each summer - is holding auditions for this year's 33 Kids.
Instrumentalists Openings exist for the following instrumental chairs:
• trombone (tenor and bass)
• woodwind (tenor and alto sax with clarinet and flute doubles)
• keyboard/piano (with synthesizer knowledge important)
• electric bass
• trap set
• auxiliary percussion
Audition candidates should be prepared to play scales, a solo (jazz, popular or classical), and/or an excerpt from a jazz band arrangement, and sight reading. Guitar and keyboard should demonstrate chord knowledge. All instrumentalists, including rhythm section players, will need to provide their own instruments and equipment for live auditions.
Applications are available at KidsFromWisconsin.org, and are due ASAP to be eligible for auditions Feb. 21 through Feb. 23. Participants must be between 15 and 20.
Each June, a stage performance created by a professional artistic staff is taught during an intense 17-day camp. During the following 10 weeks, the troupe performs 70 shows throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest, including daily appearances at the Wisconsin State Fair.
A summer with the KIDS is one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences an aspiring young performer can have. Many KIDS alumni have gone on to successful careers in performance, music education and many other fields of endeavor.
For information, call (414) 266-7067.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Free 'No Regrets Car Buying' Educational Seminar Offered At Veterans Hospital
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- West Allis Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions