The purpose of this event, is to help raise awareness of acute and chronic pain and painful conditions. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Chronic Pain Foundation. Over 50 milion americans suffer from pain each year. It is our goal to spread the word of hope for a better quality of life...noone should live with pain.
On Saturday, September 7th, our 5K run will beign at 9:00am with the walkers following shortly thereafter. The 5k course will initally travel a tradtional- style cross country run course following the sceanic surroundings of the Greenfield park, finishing through the plush forest area of Greenfield parks' plush trails. To accomdate the broad range of abilities and skill levels, the 3K walk will proceed along the paved pathways. Aid stations will be provided on both courses with food, fun and awards to follow. Pets. strollers and wheelchairs welcome.
TheWalk/ Run features a $250 cash prize for the fastest male and female 5k runners. Registration for the Pain Awareness Run/Walk is $20 per person on an individual basis and $10 per person for teams of four or more.
Registration is available on www.active.com and on www.painawarenessrun.com.
Registration Closing DateWednesday, September 4, 2013 @ 12:05 pm
Fees: $20 Pre-Registration $30 Race Day Registration
Location: Greenfield Park- West Allis, Wis. (2028 S 124 St, Milwaukee, WI 53227
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Kids from Wisconsin Backstage Sale
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function