Members of the Brain Stretch Club at Clement Manor will display creative photographs they took themselves to represent their view of everyday life. The display, entitled “The Way I See It – Perceptions of Adults With Memory Loss” is free and open to the public on Wednesday, April 10 from 9:00a.m to 6:00p.m.
Brain Stretch Club members gather at Clement Manor several times a week to stretch all the parts of their brain with fun and challenging activities like learning sign language and making art.
In order to be a member of this club, you need to have a diagnosis of memory loss. Laurie Nowak, Clement Manor Adult Day Services Manager says, "We are pleased to be able to offer this service to the community but realize that at the same time, it means that more and more adults are receiving the news from their doctors."
The artwork and display were created by members as part of their ongoing use of art therapy to stretch their brains and their emotions. Some of the artwork will be available for suggested donation amounts with proceeds going to further support the Club’s artistic endeavors.
The display will be located in the Bridge Way Galleria on the Clement Manor campus at 3939 S. 92nd Street, Greenfield, WI. For more information about the event, contact Laurie Nowak at 414-546-7366.
Brain Stretch Club is part of the faith-based continuum of care at Clement Manor in Greenfield, Wisconsin. For more information on Clement Manor, visit www.clementmanor.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- Back to School Bash - City Wide Free Open House
- UW-Waukesha's musical “Avenue Q” opens August 7:Artist’s reception to kick off hilarious summer musical
- West Allis Green Summer Vacation Days From MMSD's Fresh Coast 740 Program
- Red Carpet Celebration
- Local Small Bookkeeping Firm
- HealthWorks Wellness Center Ignites Positive Feedback with Practice Updates