Programs Learn from Each Other
Two organizations working to improve the health of at-risk children sat down to learn from each other. Staff from the Social Development Commission (SDC) Head Start- West Allis site met recently with representatives from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Children’s Hospital workers visited the Head Start site located at 66th and Greenfield to learn how the program works with preschool age children and their families. Brittany Rosales, an SDC Board member, explained that the team was visiting different programs like Head Start to observe efforts that reduce the chance of children becoming hurt or sick.
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is examining efforts that successfully keep children from requiring their services by caring for them before they get sick. The team visiting the Head Start-West Allis site was especially interested in seeing how Head Start successfully engages the children’s families in the program as well as learning about regular health and dental screenings for the preschoolers. The visit included observations in several Head Start classrooms at the West Allis location.
To learn more about the SDC Head Start program in West Allis, visit www.cr-sdc.org, click on the “Programs” page and then the link for “Head Start”. Or call 414-906-2777.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- BBB Moves to New Location
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Lil' Rev Ukulele Workshop May 18 at Cascio Interstate Music
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- St. Charles Youth & Family Services Opens resale store with a cause
- NMSBank Announces New President & CEO