Diminished sight or hearing can be very difficult and frustrating. The good news is that there are devices available to help people cope with the challenges associated with these losses.
Join us as the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons, Inc. provides tips on how to cope and teaches us about a variety of adaptive devices that will allow us to live a fuller and more independent life.
Please don’t struggle any longer!
Session 1: Tips for Living
Independently with Vision Loss
Wednesday, March 6, 2013--2:00 PM
What is Low Vision? What are the signs of vision loss? How can I
continue to live independently if I have vision loss?
Hands-on demonstration of magnifiers, other optical and independent living aids.
Session 2: Coping with Hearing Loss
Wednesday, March 13, 2013--2:00 PM
How do I cope with hearing loss? What should I know about hearing aids,
amplified telephones, and other products to help me hear better?
Hands-on demonstration of amplified phones and information about Wisconsin’s TEPP Voucher.
Join us for one program or both! Please register by calling 414-774-4411.
Library Square Senior Community
1820 S. 75th St.• West Allis, WI 53214
www.laureategroup.com • No Endowment Fee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin
- CITY OF WEST ALLIS TO HOST OPEN HOUSE TO DISCUSS CONCEPTS FOR NATIONAL AVENUE CORRIDOR