Diminished sight or hearing can be very difficult and frustrating. The good news is that there are devices available to help people cope with the challenges associated with these losses.
Join us as the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons, Inc. provides tips on how to cope and teaches us about a variety of adaptive devices that will allow us to live a fuller and more independent life.
Please don’t struggle any longer!
Session 1: Tips for Living
Independently with Vision Loss
Wednesday, March 6, 2013--2:00 PM
What is Low Vision? What are the signs of vision loss? How can I
continue to live independently if I have vision loss?
Hands-on demonstration of magnifiers, other optical and independent living aids.
Session 2: Coping with Hearing Loss
Wednesday, March 13, 2013--2:00 PM
How do I cope with hearing loss? What should I know about hearing aids,
amplified telephones, and other products to help me hear better?
Hands-on demonstration of amplified phones and information about Wisconsin’s TEPP Voucher.
Join us for one program or both! Please register by calling 414-774-4411.
Library Square Senior Community
1820 S. 75th St.• West Allis, WI 53214
www.laureategroup.com • No Endowment Fee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- NORTH SHORE CARSTAR TO HOST THIRD ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Free Flower Show at State Fair Park
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Get Back 2 School 4 a G8 Deal!
- Free 'No Regrets Car Buying' Educational Seminar Offered At Veterans Hospital