Diminished sight or hearing can be very difficult and frustrating. The good news is that there are devices available to help people cope with the challenges associated with these losses.
Join us as the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons, Inc. provides tips on how to cope and teaches us about a variety of adaptive devices that will allow us to live a fuller and more independent life.
Please don’t struggle any longer!
Session 1: Tips for Living
Independently with Vision Loss
Wednesday, March 6, 2013--2:00 PM
What is Low Vision? What are the signs of vision loss? How can I
continue to live independently if I have vision loss?
Hands-on demonstration of magnifiers, other optical and independent living aids.
Session 2: Coping with Hearing Loss
Wednesday, March 13, 2013--2:00 PM
How do I cope with hearing loss? What should I know about hearing aids,
amplified telephones, and other products to help me hear better?
Hands-on demonstration of amplified phones and information about Wisconsin’s TEPP Voucher.
Join us for one program or both! Please register by calling 414-774-4411.
Library Square Senior Community
1820 S. 75th St.• West Allis, WI 53214
www.laureategroup.com • No Endowment Fee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- BBB Moves to New Location
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Lil' Rev Ukulele Workshop May 18 at Cascio Interstate Music
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- St. Charles Youth & Family Services Opens resale store with a cause
- NMSBank Announces New President & CEO