Diminished sight or hearing can be very difficult and frustrating. The good news is that there are devices available to help people cope with the challenges associated with these losses.
Join us as the Center for Deaf-Blind Persons, Inc. provides tips on how to cope and teaches us about a variety of adaptive devices that will allow us to live a fuller and more independent life.
Please don’t struggle any longer!
Session 1: Tips for Living
Independently with Vision Loss
Wednesday, March 6, 2013--2:00 PM
What is Low Vision? What are the signs of vision loss? How can I
continue to live independently if I have vision loss?
Hands-on demonstration of magnifiers, other optical and independent living aids.
Session 2: Coping with Hearing Loss
Wednesday, March 13, 2013--2:00 PM
How do I cope with hearing loss? What should I know about hearing aids,
amplified telephones, and other products to help me hear better?
Hands-on demonstration of amplified phones and information about Wisconsin’s TEPP Voucher.
Join us for one program or both! Please register by calling 414-774-4411.
Library Square Senior Community
1820 S. 75th St.• West Allis, WI 53214
www.laureategroup.com • No Endowment Fee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- Buddhist Monk from Singapore Visits Great Lake Zen Center for Open House
- Saint Jude School Plans Open House
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Offers Kitchen Organization Tips
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee NARI Gold Award