The community is invited Monday to the local Veterans Creative Arts Festival at the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue.
Veterans will exhibit a wide range of art work 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium. There are 53 categories, including oil painting, pen and ink, ceramics, woodwork and more. There will also be two talent competitions at 2 and 6:30 p.m. in Recreation Hall, room 3435. Veterans will perform in a variety of categories, including singing, instrumental, creative writing and more.
All events are free and open to the public.
Top winners in each competition will advance to the National Creative Arts Festival, held Oct. 21 to 27 in Reno, Nev. Several Milwaukee veterans from the art and talent show made it to and won at the national event. They will once again be exhibiting art work and performing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Free Fall Shred Event helped Record Number of Wisconsinites Fight Identity Theft
- Milwaukee/NARI Office Serving As Salvation Army Toy Shop Collection Location
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- From Youth Apprentice to Full-Time Employee
- West Allis Diamond Twirlers 2014 Season
- Volunteer Celebrates 35 Years Participating In Holiday Folk Fair
- Mary Jude Residents Paint Festive Pumpkins
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish