The community is invited Monday to the local Veterans Creative Arts Festival at the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue.
Veterans will exhibit a wide range of art work 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium. There are 53 categories, including oil painting, pen and ink, ceramics, woodwork and more. There will also be two talent competitions at 2 and 6:30 p.m. in Recreation Hall, room 3435. Veterans will perform in a variety of categories, including singing, instrumental, creative writing and more.
All events are free and open to the public.
Top winners in each competition will advance to the National Creative Arts Festival, held Oct. 21 to 27 in Reno, Nev. Several Milwaukee veterans from the art and talent show made it to and won at the national event. They will once again be exhibiting art work and performing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Comedy Event to benefit USO & Camp Hometown Heroes
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Preschool & Kindergarten Open House Hosted by Heritage