The community is invited Monday to the local Veterans Creative Arts Festival at the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue.
Veterans will exhibit a wide range of art work 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium. There are 53 categories, including oil painting, pen and ink, ceramics, woodwork and more. There will also be two talent competitions at 2 and 6:30 p.m. in Recreation Hall, room 3435. Veterans will perform in a variety of categories, including singing, instrumental, creative writing and more.
All events are free and open to the public.
Top winners in each competition will advance to the National Creative Arts Festival, held Oct. 21 to 27 in Reno, Nev. Several Milwaukee veterans from the art and talent show made it to and won at the national event. They will once again be exhibiting art work and performing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Summit Credit Union Branch in Waukesha Set to Open Later This Month
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Nathan Hale Drama takes on Pippin
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter