The community is invited Monday to the local Veterans Creative Arts Festival at the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 5000 W. National Avenue.
Veterans will exhibit a wide range of art work 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Matousek Auditorium. There are 53 categories, including oil painting, pen and ink, ceramics, woodwork and more. There will also be two talent competitions at 2 and 6:30 p.m. in Recreation Hall, room 3435. Veterans will perform in a variety of categories, including singing, instrumental, creative writing and more.
All events are free and open to the public.
Top winners in each competition will advance to the National Creative Arts Festival, held Oct. 21 to 27 in Reno, Nev. Several Milwaukee veterans from the art and talent show made it to and won at the national event. They will once again be exhibiting art work and performing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Summer Basketball Camps for Youth
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- Chamber of Commerce & Fr. Gene's Help Center Team Up For Donation Drive!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Men Journeying Through Grief