The community is invited to join the West Allis Catholic Cluster as they embark on an "Unexpected Journey with the Hobbit" for Lent. This spiritual pilgrimage will travel to each of the cluster parishes with Sunday sessions followed by encore presentations on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Hobbits are a bit different from us - they live in a hole in the ground, have furry feet, and they're short. But in "The Hobbit," Bilbo represents all of us. His journey to the Lonely Mountain imitates our journey through life. We can follow in his furry footsteps, learn the same lessons and reach the same spiritual destination.
The Journey begins at St. Aloysius on Sunday, February 24 at 11:00 AM in Gonzaga Hall (encore on Wednesday the 27th) with Fr. Jeff Prasser as he leads us from "West Allis to Middle Earth." The journey continues the following week (March 3rd, encore March 6) at Immaculate Heart of Mary in their Parish Hall at 10:30 AM with Bob Schram as he explains "Slaying Your Dragons." The conclusion of the Lenten journey will be on March 10th (encore March 13) at Mary Queen of Heaven in the Parish Center led by Rich Harter as he shows us how we have gone "There and Back Again."
This promises to be an exciting and enriching journey for all ages and includes meals and fun activities for everyone. For information call 414-453-5192 or check www.ihmwestallis.com.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Hoops for Awareness
- Nathan Hale Girls YOUTH Summer Basketball Camp
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Join Us for a Free Brat Fry!
- KIDS hit the Road starting in West Allis