The community is invited to join the West Allis Catholic Cluster as they embark on an "Unexpected Journey with the Hobbit" for Lent. This spiritual pilgrimage will travel to each of the cluster parishes with Sunday sessions followed by encore presentations on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Hobbits are a bit different from us - they live in a hole in the ground, have furry feet, and they're short. But in "The Hobbit," Bilbo represents all of us. His journey to the Lonely Mountain imitates our journey through life. We can follow in his furry footsteps, learn the same lessons and reach the same spiritual destination.
The Journey begins at St. Aloysius on Sunday, February 24 at 11:00 AM in Gonzaga Hall (encore on Wednesday the 27th) with Fr. Jeff Prasser as he leads us from "West Allis to Middle Earth." The journey continues the following week (March 3rd, encore March 6) at Immaculate Heart of Mary in their Parish Hall at 10:30 AM with Bob Schram as he explains "Slaying Your Dragons." The conclusion of the Lenten journey will be on March 10th (encore March 13) at Mary Queen of Heaven in the Parish Center led by Rich Harter as he shows us how we have gone "There and Back Again."
This promises to be an exciting and enriching journey for all ages and includes meals and fun activities for everyone. For information call 414-453-5192 or check www.ihmwestallis.com.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Richfield Art at the Mill