The community is invited to join the West Allis Catholic Cluster as they embark on an "Unexpected Journey with the Hobbit" for Lent. This spiritual pilgrimage will travel to each of the cluster parishes with Sunday sessions followed by encore presentations on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Hobbits are a bit different from us - they live in a hole in the ground, have furry feet, and they're short. But in "The Hobbit," Bilbo represents all of us. His journey to the Lonely Mountain imitates our journey through life. We can follow in his furry footsteps, learn the same lessons and reach the same spiritual destination.
The Journey begins at St. Aloysius on Sunday, February 24 at 11:00 AM in Gonzaga Hall (encore on Wednesday the 27th) with Fr. Jeff Prasser as he leads us from "West Allis to Middle Earth." The journey continues the following week (March 3rd, encore March 6) at Immaculate Heart of Mary in their Parish Hall at 10:30 AM with Bob Schram as he explains "Slaying Your Dragons." The conclusion of the Lenten journey will be on March 10th (encore March 13) at Mary Queen of Heaven in the Parish Center led by Rich Harter as he shows us how we have gone "There and Back Again."
This promises to be an exciting and enriching journey for all ages and includes meals and fun activities for everyone. For information call 414-453-5192 or check www.ihmwestallis.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa Library Book Sale
- Local Residents Participate in THE ADDAMS FAMILY at Sunset Playhouse
- Peter Mayer Concert in November
- Film Screening: Merchants of Doubt
- Monster Run Movie and Pumpkin Lighting
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Save the Date for the New Berlin West Pom & Dance Clinic on Nov. 21, 2015
- Catholic Singles Halloween Dance
- Consumers Name Foti Chiropractic “Top Choice” for Chiropractic Care
- MIAW Pro Wrestling Returns to Papa Luigi's