Feb. 5, 2013
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Gerbig, WPT producer, 608-265-4444, email@example.com
The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, West Allis resident and Pius XI High School student, Sam Skogstad performs with the mixed choir.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison;
WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Resident Stars in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse
- Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Choristers to Present Christmas Concert
- Special Exhibits And Displays Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Holy Apostles School Hosts 4K 5K Open House
- Special Events Showcased at Holiday Folk Fair International
- MCW to hold graduate school open house
- Holiday Folk Fair International Chef Stage to Feature Traditional Ethnic Soups
- Summit Announces Nearly $1.5M Member Dividend
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE BECOMES SANTA’S PLAYHOUSE!