Wauwatosa, Wis. – The Epilepsy Foundation of Southeastern Wisconsin has recognized Scott Rondeau, owner of Candy Bouquet in Wauwatosa, and his entire family for their ongoing volunteer work and support of the organization.
The Rondeau family received the Lila Marcus Award Friday at the Epilepsy Foundation’s 19th annual Toast of the Town auction and dinner. The award, named after the late executive director of EFSEW, honors an individual or family who has overcome the challenges of epilepsy and raised awareness of the chronic neurological disorder.
The Rondeau family has a long history in the Wauwatosa community. Scott Rondeau opened Candy Bouquet, 8722 W. North Ave., in 2008. His father, Tom, taught for many years at Wauwatosa East High School. Sally Rondeau, Scott’s mother, worked as a physical therapist at the St. Camillus retirement center. Susan Rondeau, Scott’s sister, teaches at the Goddard School in Brookfield.
The Rondeau family volunteers annually at the Epilepsy Foundation’s summer Brainstorm Run/Walk. Candy Bouquet has been honored to create and design centerpieces for the Toast of the Town event since the store’s opening.
“We are honored and humbled to receive this award from the Epilepsy Foundation,” Scott Rondeau said. “Having a family member who suffers from a seizure disorder, we understand how epilepsy affects not only individuals, but entire families. We are proud to assist the foundation in its work to educate the public and help those affected by epilepsy.”
Candy Bouquet specializes in creating tasty, one-of-a-kind gifts and decorations. At any occasion or celebration where originality is welcomed – birthdays, holidays, weddings, graduations, anniversaries or “just because” - Candy Bouquet is the personalized gift that will be remembered. Local delivery service and nationwide shipping are available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- Kids Travel Around the World for Children's Book Week
- Around the World Challenge
- Wisconsin BBB Advises: Beware of Green Dot MoneyPak Scams
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Welcome to First Weber Group...
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Feline Superstars Debut This Weekend in New Endangered Species Puzzles at Zoo
- BBB Moves to New Location
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House