Wauwatosa, Wis. – The Epilepsy Foundation of Southeastern Wisconsin has recognized Scott Rondeau, owner of Candy Bouquet in Wauwatosa, and his entire family for their ongoing volunteer work and support of the organization.
The Rondeau family received the Lila Marcus Award Friday at the Epilepsy Foundation’s 19th annual Toast of the Town auction and dinner. The award, named after the late executive director of EFSEW, honors an individual or family who has overcome the challenges of epilepsy and raised awareness of the chronic neurological disorder.
The Rondeau family has a long history in the Wauwatosa community. Scott Rondeau opened Candy Bouquet, 8722 W. North Ave., in 2008. His father, Tom, taught for many years at Wauwatosa East High School. Sally Rondeau, Scott’s mother, worked as a physical therapist at the St. Camillus retirement center. Susan Rondeau, Scott’s sister, teaches at the Goddard School in Brookfield.
The Rondeau family volunteers annually at the Epilepsy Foundation’s summer Brainstorm Run/Walk. Candy Bouquet has been honored to create and design centerpieces for the Toast of the Town event since the store’s opening.
“We are honored and humbled to receive this award from the Epilepsy Foundation,” Scott Rondeau said. “Having a family member who suffers from a seizure disorder, we understand how epilepsy affects not only individuals, but entire families. We are proud to assist the foundation in its work to educate the public and help those affected by epilepsy.”
Candy Bouquet specializes in creating tasty, one-of-a-kind gifts and decorations. At any occasion or celebration where originality is welcomed – birthdays, holidays, weddings, graduations, anniversaries or “just because” - Candy Bouquet is the personalized gift that will be remembered. Local delivery service and nationwide shipping are available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryouts
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- National Youth Wind Orchestra of Luxembourg to perform
- Crafters, classic car owners, community groups sought for community event
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive