Two students from your area will perform in “The Mystery of Edwin Drood” at Carroll University. Performances are Friday, Nov. 16, 2012, at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 17, at 2 and 7 p.m.
Danny Slattery, a senior theatre arts major, will be Reverend Crisparkle. He is a 2009 graduate of Nathan Hale High School and the son of Terese Slattery of West Allis. Previously, he has appeared as Thomas Lillicrap in “The Imaginary Invalid,” Bobby in “A Chorus Line” and Lee in the concert reading of “True West.” This spring, Danny will direct “Disney’s High School Musical: The Musical.”
Melissa Gall, a junior biology major, will perform as Beatrice. She is a 2010 graduate of Nathan Hale High School and daughter of John T. Gall of West Allis. Previous credits include “Ann…Or Strange and Wonderful Things,” “A Chorus Line” and “Fiddler on the Roof.”
“The Mystery of Edwin Drood” is a fun-filled, choose-your-own-ending musical based on the Charles Dickens unfinished masterpiece of the same name. The musical takes us right to the point that Dickens stopped writing and then asks the audience to decide the identity of the killer. It was nominated for 11 Tony awards, winning five, including Best Musical, Best Score, Best Book and Best Direction.
Tickets should be purchased in advance; call 262.524.7633. Prices are $10 adults, $5 alumni/parents/seniors and free for students with a valid ID.
Carroll, Wisconsin's oldest four-year institution of higher learning, is an independent, co-educational comprehensive university grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Incorporated in 1846, it offers bachelor’s degrees in 48 majors and master’s degrees in business administration, education, software engineering and physician assistant studies, as well as a clinical doctorate in physical therapy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Greenfield Concert Band is Recruiting New Members!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- More WAWM Students Opt for AP Exams
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus