Each year the Wisconsin Fair Housing Network holds a Poster and Essay Contest to commemorate Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. The City of West Allis Fair Housing Board sponsors the local contest for students in grades K-12 and special education students at all schools, private and public, in the City of West Allis and the Village of West Milwaukee.
Traditionally, the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District students create posters and essays as part of this contest. This year, like in the past, the WAWM Schools students have done well in this contest, with over 1,000 students in our school district entered the 2012 City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest. Our schools integrate this into their curriculum and use this contest as a learning opportunity in which students create posters and essays to enter into the annual City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest.
In this year’s Poster Contest, students in the WAWM Schools earned 41 of a possible 42 awards while in the Essay Contest they earned 2 of the possible 3 awards. Congratulations to all of the students who earned awards in this contest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Summer Basketball Camps for Youth
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- Chamber of Commerce & Fr. Gene's Help Center Team Up For Donation Drive!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Men Journeying Through Grief