Each year the Wisconsin Fair Housing Network holds a Poster and Essay Contest to commemorate Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. The City of West Allis Fair Housing Board sponsors the local contest for students in grades K-12 and special education students at all schools, private and public, in the City of West Allis and the Village of West Milwaukee.
Traditionally, the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District students create posters and essays as part of this contest. This year, like in the past, the WAWM Schools students have done well in this contest, with over 1,000 students in our school district entered the 2012 City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest. Our schools integrate this into their curriculum and use this contest as a learning opportunity in which students create posters and essays to enter into the annual City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest.
In this year’s Poster Contest, students in the WAWM Schools earned 41 of a possible 42 awards while in the Essay Contest they earned 2 of the possible 3 awards. Congratulations to all of the students who earned awards in this contest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22
- Foti Chiropractic Launches Encore Campaign for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- The Allegro Eminence Dance Center is Now Open!
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- The Equitable Bank Collects 1,800 Pounds of Food During Starch Madness
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction