Each year the Wisconsin Fair Housing Network holds a Poster and Essay Contest to commemorate Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. The City of West Allis Fair Housing Board sponsors the local contest for students in grades K-12 and special education students at all schools, private and public, in the City of West Allis and the Village of West Milwaukee.
Traditionally, the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District students create posters and essays as part of this contest. This year, like in the past, the WAWM Schools students have done well in this contest, with over 1,000 students in our school district entered the 2012 City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest. Our schools integrate this into their curriculum and use this contest as a learning opportunity in which students create posters and essays to enter into the annual City of West Allis Fair Housing Poster and Essay Contest.
In this year’s Poster Contest, students in the WAWM Schools earned 41 of a possible 42 awards while in the Essay Contest they earned 2 of the possible 3 awards. Congratulations to all of the students who earned awards in this contest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin
- CITY OF WEST ALLIS TO HOST OPEN HOUSE TO DISCUSS CONCEPTS FOR NATIONAL AVENUE CORRIDOR