Do you have a “green thumb” or an interest in gardening? If so, then we hope you’ll join us at our next meeting.
The West Allis Community Garden Committee would like to invite interested West Allis and West Milwaukee community members and organization representatives to attend the January 3, 2012 meeting. The committee meets the first Tuesday of every month at the West Allis Library, Constitution Room, 7421 West National Avenue from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Community gardens and green spaces are important in urban environments. Community gardens provide space to grow nutritious food and gardeners can save money on produce. Gardening is a great family activity and a way to get exercise and meet new people. It is particularly important for people with small yards, or those who live in apartments and condominiums that do not have space to garden.
Bring your gardening know-how and ideas to our next meeting. Help make West Allis and West Milwaukee gardening communities. For more information on the West Allis Community Garden Committee email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Summit Credit Union Branch in Waukesha Set to Open Later This Month
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Nathan Hale Drama takes on Pippin
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter