At the age of 96, Lester Voge, has developed a prototype for Tee’d Off… The Game of Your Life!, a board game that is based off of the original game called Dirty Marbles. Voge was introduced to the original game by his daughter and son-in-law and quickly became a fan. “My wife and I used to play that game every night,” he comments. “I just couldn’t get enough of it.” Voge is certain that once someone plays Tee’d Off, they will become addicted too.
Lester’s game follows the same rules as Dirty Marbles, but his version of Tee’d Off features new graphics and uses unique playing pieces which Lester invented. Rather than using marbles, as in the original game, Voge created a plastic marble tee, which resembles a marble sitting on top of a golf tee.
Lester moved into Library Square senior community earlier this year and is excited to share his new game with fellow residents. Lester has had several prototypes of his game produced, and on Thursday, September 8th at 2:00 p.m., Library Square will be hosting a demonstration of how to play Tee’d Off for the residents. Lester will be on hand to explain the rules and lead a demonstration.
Voge is currently looking for an established company to produce his game or to establish a not-for-profit company to produce the games and donate the profits to a charitable organization.
Library Square is a Laureate Group senior community, offering independent and assisted living apartments. For more information visit www.laureategroup.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Concert Band is Recruiting New Members!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- The American Dream - Homebuyer Education presented by Educator's Credit Union
- More WAWM Students Opt for AP Exams
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- Back to School Bash - City Wide Free Open House
- UW-Waukesha's musical “Avenue Q” opens August 7:Artist’s reception to kick off hilarious summer musical