The American Cancer Society Relay for Life will take place at Greenfield High School Track and Field from Friday, August 5 at 6 PM to Saturday morning, August 6. The Relay for Life is an overnight team event that provides an opportunity to honor cancer survivors and remember those who have battled cancer. This event will help monetarily support the American Cancer Society.
During the Relay, teams of eight to fifteen people will camp out at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60 St., and take turns running or walking around the track. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event to symbolize the cancer patient’s struggle through darkness. For those not walking, there is around the clock action to keep busy. From entertainment, food and games, to touching ceremonies and stories of inspiration, there is something for everyone at Relay for Life.
You are invited to join this great event for entertainment, food, prizes, and a night of sleeping under the stars. To sign up a team of friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, students, staff members, etc., and additional information, please visit the Relay for Life web site at www.relayforlife.org/franklin-oakcreek.
Every 79 seconds someone in Wisconsin is diagnosed with cancer. One in three people will be told they have cancer within their lifetime. The American Cancer Society fights cancer through research, early detection education and prevention of cancer. The Society also works to make life easier for those diagnosed with cancer with patient programs and services. Please visit www.cancer.org for additional information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert