Open House for the VEA CENTER (Veterans Employment Alliance)
Friday, June 3, 2011
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
2424 S. 102nd Street West Allis, Wisconsin 53227
CONTACT Person: Tanya Byrd 414-326-0507
If someone said to you "this time next year, you will be broke and homeless," you would probably laugh and call them crazy. Yet for too many, this is a devastating reality.
Prior to 1999, VEA Founder, C.J. Brown III, was CEO of a financially successful business and Philanthropist. He never imagined living on the streets, eating out of garbage cans or sleeping under bridges in Milwaukee. He made the mistake of trusting the wrong people with his financial affairs. During this period of struggling, he created the “28 Days to Employment Program” and a unique workforce training system that is now in its ninth year.
The VEA Center specializes in programs designed to empower participants with all the tools they need to find a career and not just a job. The consortium helps individuals succeed in the workplace and confidently support their families. The VEA Center eliminates barriers to utilization of available resources by providing easy access to necessary services. The VEA Center will house a diverse collective of essential agencies and programs needed to move participants from unemployment/underemployment back into the workforce. In addition to workforce readiness training and career placement, the program supports each Veteran's continued efforts by designing an individualized, life plan that outlines how they will retain their job, advance in their career, and ensure long-term financial stability for themselves and their children.
"We know just how much of a difference a good career can make to a struggling veteran.," said C. J. Brown III, Founder and National Director of the Veterans Employment Alliance. "But we also know that giving each Veteran the full set of tools they need to develop their career and support their family finding a career is just the first step. Veterans Career Camp continues to help Veterans and families by."
To learn more: www.peoplepowerllc.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22
- Foti Chiropractic Launches Encore Campaign for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- The Allegro Eminence Dance Center is Now Open!
- UW Sea Grant to Host Pet Amnesty Day
- The Equitable Bank Collects 1,800 Pounds of Food During Starch Madness
- Grace Christian Academy's 20th Anniversary Auction
- Milwaukee author releases new book “Consistent Cash Flow” to help local business owners
- Ebenezer Child Care Centers to Host Working Parent's Luncheon on how to "Escape Adulthood: Living and working with less stress and more fun"