WAUKESHA –After the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha Symphonic Band performs a seasonal repertoire in its annual spring concert, to be held Friday, May 6, at 7:30 p.m., the Waukesha Area Youth Percussion Ensemble will take the stage.
The evening of music will take place in the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, located in the Fine Arts Center on the UW-Waukesha campus at 1500 N. University Dr., Waukesha. Admission is free, and the public is invited.
Craig Hurst, a professor of music at UW-Waukesha and the director of bands, will direct his 41-piece symphonic band in such works as Resplendent Glory, Into the Storm, and Take Me Out to the Ball Game.
Michael Grassman will direct the Waukesha Area Youth Percussion Ensemble.
Instrumentalists for UW-Waukesha include students and members of the community.
Beaver Dam: Thomas Patterson, trombone
Brookfield: Carrie Kuehl, bass clarinet
Dousman: John Bagley, alto saxophone; Alan Buchanan, trumpet; Derrick Knoff, trumpet
Eagle: Eric Hagen, tuba
Greenfield: Randy Simon, trumpet
Hartland: Harry Abramowitz, trumpet; Nick Gerdman, euphonium; Stan Laasch, tuba; Nicholas Migawa, baritone saxophone
Menomonee Falls: Deb Doege, flute
Mukwonago: Richard Hanson, trumpet; Emily Knutson, percussion
New Berlin: Beverly Mutter, clarinet; Bess Strempel, French horn; Jim Watts, trumpet
Oconomowoc: Erica Smith, French horn
Pewaukee: Michael Guzman, percussion; Karissa Toussignant, clarinet
Sussex: John Anderson, trumpet; Lora Mueller, flute
Wales: Randy Hopf, clarinet
Waterloo: William Sorrell, percussion
Waukesha: Ryan Brown, percussion; Jennifer Esh, clarinet; Sandy Frisque, French horn; Mark Helgert, clarinet; Kathryn Hensleigh, oboe; Tony Jurik, trumpet; Andrea Lewinski, trumpet; Shanna Peck, alto saxophone; Mary Reese, oboe; Daniel Schmidt, euphonium; Larry Sheets, clarinet; Marcia Smeiska, English horn and tenor saxophone; Valerie Vinyard, trombone
West Allis: Angeline O’Hara, percussion; Amy Wanasek, clarinet
Once again, Don Blodgett, from Orland, Maine, will perform on trombone with the symphonic band.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Kids from Wisconsin Backstage Sale
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function