Former NBA star and cancer survivor Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to speak at event
The Froedtert Hospital Foundation will host a Heritage and Hope Celebration on Saturday evening, May 14, marking the 30-year anniversary of Froedtert Hospital. Headlining the program will be former Milwaukee Bucks star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
The event also will honor Thomas Smallwood and J. Frank Wilson, MD, two leaders important to Froedtert Hospital’s 30-year history and continued success. Each has made significant contributions to the advancement of academic medicine, and each is a leader in the hospital and larger community, distinguished for exceptional integrity and advocacy.
Individual tickets are available for $175, and individual and table sponsorships begin at $2,500. All proceeds of the event, to be held at the Pfister Hotel Grand Ballroom, will benefit medical research at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin. Visit www.froedterthospitalfoundation.org or call 414-805-2699.
Abdul-Jabbar began his career in Milwaukee and went on to become the NBA’s all-time leading scorer. His battle with chronic myeloid leukemia, a rare blood cancer, has led him to advocate for early detection, medical research and treatment of cancer. Thomas Smallwood is former chairman of the Froedtert Hospital Board of Directors and a passionate advocate for Froedtert Hospital and its patients. J. Frank Wilson, MD, is a nationally recognized specialist in radiation oncology, known for his keen clinical skills, his compassionate and sensitive approach to patient care, and his leadership in setting a standard of excellence in cancer care.
The Froedtert Hospital Foundation supports Froedtert Hospital, through philanthropy, in achieving its full potential as a nationally recognized academic medical center known for patient centered care, innovation, high quality staff, teaching and clinical research.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited!
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Choosing Educational Gifts for Children
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Don't Miss Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert