“Becoming a Love and Logic Parent” helps parents prepare children for real world
Milwaukee, Wis. – The Parenting Network announces its next series of “Becoming a Love and Logic Parent.” This nationally recognized parenting program helps moms and dads put the fun back into parenting. This six-week series is appropriate for parents and caregivers of toddlers to teens.
Parents are taught proven methods to reduce stress in the family and help children learn to be accountable for their actions. Love and Logic encourages parents to “lock in empathy, love and understanding” prior to telling kids what the consequences of their actions will be. These methods cause the child to see their poor decisions as the “bad guy” and the parent as the “good guy.”
“By giving children the chance to make choices and by allowing them to make mistakes, they begin to learn that they are responsible and you, the parent, are a loving, caring authority figure who wants the best for them.” said Tom Weber, program director at The Parenting Network and trained Love and Logic facilitator. “The ideas in Love and Logic are simple and many parents remark at how quickly things change in a positive way within the family.”
This six-session class will be held on Tuesday from 6:00-7:45 p.m. beginning April 19 and running through May 24, 2011. Class meets at The Lutheran Home, 7500 West North Avenue, Wauwatosa. To register for “Becoming a Love and Logic Parent,” contact Tom Weber at The Parenting Network at email@example.com or (414)671-5575. The cost for the class is $60 per individual or $80 per couple. Onsite childcare is available for an additional cost. For more information about The Parenting Network, please visit theparentingnetwork.org.
Since 1977, The Parenting Network has served families throughout the greater Milwaukee community through its mission to strengthen parenting and to prevent child abuse. Services are provided:
• At Home – home visiting and case management services for any family in need
• At School – healthy relationship education to prevent sexual violence and teen pregnancy; parenting education for expectant and parenting teens
• In the Community – confidential Parent Helpline and a wide variety of parenting education and support classes and groups developed for specific parenting populations at sites throughout Milwaukee County
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Summer Basketball Camps for Youth
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- Chamber of Commerce & Fr. Gene's Help Center Team Up For Donation Drive!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Men Journeying Through Grief