With the upcoming primary elections on Tuesday February 15, let's not take the local election for West Allis/ West Milwaukee school board lightly.
The district has three seats up for election every year. Ms. Carol Garrison has decided not to run after 21 years on the board. Ms. Barb Suielman is running for her second term, and then we have Ms. Jane Edgar's seat which she won in last years election to fill out Mr. Robert Kitchen's seat which was vacated due to his passing away.
Besides, the two incumbents running we have five others on the ballot. So with seven individuals looking to advance for the six positions that will be placed on the April 5th general election ballots voters in our community should have clear clarification on each candidates past.
Last year it was not posted in the paper till after the election on Ms. Jane Edgar's past as an attorney that was disbarred from the State of Wisconsin Supreme Court because of misappropriation of client funds. This is listed as public information from CCAP (Wisconsin Court Records).
I have found that another candidate Mr. James Blask has a past as an attorney that was in trouble in another county in Wisconsin and Reprimanded by Wisconsin Courts. This too is listed as public information from CCAP.
It is very important for the voting public to have this information available to them to help with their knowledge of the candidates. School board members have many important decisions to make in regards to the education of our students with taxpayer monies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Summit Credit Union Branch in Waukesha Set to Open Later This Month
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Nathan Hale Drama takes on Pippin
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter