With the upcoming primary elections on Tuesday February 15, let's not take the local election for West Allis/ West Milwaukee school board lightly.
The district has three seats up for election every year. Ms. Carol Garrison has decided not to run after 21 years on the board. Ms. Barb Suielman is running for her second term, and then we have Ms. Jane Edgar's seat which she won in last years election to fill out Mr. Robert Kitchen's seat which was vacated due to his passing away.
Besides, the two incumbents running we have five others on the ballot. So with seven individuals looking to advance for the six positions that will be placed on the April 5th general election ballots voters in our community should have clear clarification on each candidates past.
Last year it was not posted in the paper till after the election on Ms. Jane Edgar's past as an attorney that was disbarred from the State of Wisconsin Supreme Court because of misappropriation of client funds. This is listed as public information from CCAP (Wisconsin Court Records).
I have found that another candidate Mr. James Blask has a past as an attorney that was in trouble in another county in Wisconsin and Reprimanded by Wisconsin Courts. This too is listed as public information from CCAP.
It is very important for the voting public to have this information available to them to help with their knowledge of the candidates. School board members have many important decisions to make in regards to the education of our students with taxpayer monies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CigarMKE Announces Custom Food, Drink & Cigar Lounge Tour in January
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- West Allis resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- North Shore Banks Hosts Holiday Event at West Allis Branch on Dec. 20
- Jon Jossart Named General Manager of New Hampton Inn & Suites, to Open in August Near State Fair Grounds
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones