WAUKESHA Wis. – Marv Van Kekerix, the interim chancellor of the University of Wisconsin Colleges and University of Wisconsin-Extension, today formally launched a search advisory committee to recommend a new campus executive officer and dean for the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha.
The successful candidate will succeed Patrick Schmitt, who left July 1 to become president of Pierce College in Puyallup, Wash. Jane Crisler currently is serving as the interim CEO/dean.
Advertising for the position will start in January. Finalists will interview on campus in April and a final selection will be made before the end of the spring semester in May 2011. The appointment is subject to approval by the UW System Board of Regents.
The committee, chaired by Ellyn Lem, Waukesha, associate professor of English, met for the first time Nov. 23. The other members are: Jerry Braatz, Brookfield, associate professor, Waukesha County Cooperative Extension, UW-Extension; Lori Brock, Oconomowoc, assistant professor, biological sciences; Brenda Dugan, Brookfield, university services associate II; Joe Foy, Waukesha, associate professor, political science; Russell Launder, Oconomowoc, Board of Visitors, UW Colleges and UW-Extension; Alex Patrick Marshall, East Troy, student; John Short, CEO/dean, UW-Fond du Lac; Scott Silet, Wauwatosa, director of library and media services.
UW-Waukesha is the largest campus of the University of Wisconsin Colleges, which is composed of 13 local campuses and one online campus, University of Wisconsin Colleges Online, that offer an associate degree in arts and science and prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for baccalaureate and professional programs. UW-Waukesha enrolled a record 2233 students in the fall semester of 2010.
For information about programs, admission or financial aid, contact the Student Services office at (888)2UW-WAUK (888-289-9285) or visit the Web at www.waukesha.uwc.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- North Shore Bank Helps Kick Off Candy Cane Lane on Nov. 28
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME
- Twenty-Nine Years of Holiday Lights Provide Hope on Candy Cane Lane
- Bohman to Play Division 1 Volleyball
- Program Serving Up More than Lunch
- Christmas Holly Fair
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Rogers Foundation Collecting Toys and Other Gifts for Patients