“Vote for Books Week” at West Allis Public Library Children’s Department
Sunday, November 7th will be the kickoff day for “Vote For Books Week” in the children’s department of the West Allis Public Library.
During “Vote For Books” week the children’s department will feature new books for checking out, free bookmarks, and a daily drawing of 15 scholastic paperbacks each day, November 7 – 13th. Children may sign up for the drawing each day at the children’s reference desk. A child may win only once during the week.
Also, beginning November 7th, a selection of children’s books nominated for the 2011 Wisconsin Golden Archer award will be on display. Patrons may browse and read these books in the library during the week and VOTE for their favorite.
The 2011 Golden Archer Award primary level nominees are:
Chester's Masterpiece by Melanie Watt
· Henry and Mudge and the Big Sleepover by Cynthia Rylant
· Rhyming Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas
· My People by Langston Hughes
· The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
The library’s votes will be tallied and submitted to the Golden Archer award committee. Winning books will be announced in the spring of 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryout Swim Camp
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin
- CITY OF WEST ALLIS TO HOST OPEN HOUSE TO DISCUSS CONCEPTS FOR NATIONAL AVENUE CORRIDOR