“Vote for Books Week” at West Allis Public Library Children’s Department
Sunday, November 7th will be the kickoff day for “Vote For Books Week” in the children’s department of the West Allis Public Library.
During “Vote For Books” week the children’s department will feature new books for checking out, free bookmarks, and a daily drawing of 15 scholastic paperbacks each day, November 7 – 13th. Children may sign up for the drawing each day at the children’s reference desk. A child may win only once during the week.
Also, beginning November 7th, a selection of children’s books nominated for the 2011 Wisconsin Golden Archer award will be on display. Patrons may browse and read these books in the library during the week and VOTE for their favorite.
The 2011 Golden Archer Award primary level nominees are:
Chester's Masterpiece by Melanie Watt
· Henry and Mudge and the Big Sleepover by Cynthia Rylant
· Rhyming Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas
· My People by Langston Hughes
· The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
The library’s votes will be tallied and submitted to the Golden Archer award committee. Winning books will be announced in the spring of 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What's Your Score? - presented by Educators Credit Union
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Village Playhouse Children's Drama Classes
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Summer Basketball Camps for Youth