“Vote for Books Week” at West Allis Public Library Children’s Department
Sunday, November 7th will be the kickoff day for “Vote For Books Week” in the children’s department of the West Allis Public Library.
During “Vote For Books” week the children’s department will feature new books for checking out, free bookmarks, and a daily drawing of 15 scholastic paperbacks each day, November 7 – 13th. Children may sign up for the drawing each day at the children’s reference desk. A child may win only once during the week.
Also, beginning November 7th, a selection of children’s books nominated for the 2011 Wisconsin Golden Archer award will be on display. Patrons may browse and read these books in the library during the week and VOTE for their favorite.
The 2011 Golden Archer Award primary level nominees are:
Chester's Masterpiece by Melanie Watt
· Henry and Mudge and the Big Sleepover by Cynthia Rylant
· Rhyming Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas
· My People by Langston Hughes
· The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
The library’s votes will be tallied and submitted to the Golden Archer award committee. Winning books will be announced in the spring of 2011.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Hoops for Awareness
- Nathan Hale Girls YOUTH Summer Basketball Camp
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Join Us for a Free Brat Fry!
- KIDS hit the Road starting in West Allis