West Allis . . . Founded in 1974, Supportive Community Services, a corporate guardianship service certified by the State of Wisconsin, has opened a new office in West Allis at 620 South 76th Street, Suite 140.
The new quarters for Supportive Community Services will allow for continued expansion of this growing non-profit organization that ensures the safety and independence of vulnerable individuals. “We are very excited with our new location which is situated next to the Alzheimer’s Association, one of many partners serving older adults in the Milwaukee metropolitan area,” states Margy Brown, Director of Social Services.
“With over 450 clients being served by our organization, Supportive Community Services would like to increase its community presence,” states Dan Langenwalter, Executive Director. “We have grown exponentially in the past seven years and anticipate future growth as we advocate for those suffering from dementia, developmental disabilities, mental illness and the frailties of aging. This is accomplished through advocacy, guardianship, financial management and case management services.”
An Open House will be held on Tuesday, October 19, from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. Tours will be provided as well as an opportunity to meet and interact with the twelve case managers and other support staff and Board of Directors. Delicious refreshments will be served. RSVP’s are greatly appreciated by Monday, October 18 – 414-226-5335.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryouts
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- National Youth Wind Orchestra of Luxembourg to perform
- Crafters, classic car owners, community groups sought for community event
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive