WAUKESHA – Associate Professor Joseph Foy, who has taught political science at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha since 2005, was doubly recognized in July, selected for a Chancellor’s Award of Excellence for his work in the learning community on campus and for a Barrington-Musolf Faculty Research Award for his writings.
Foy will be recognized at the Chancellor’s Award Banquet on Thursday, Sept. 23, in the Lowell Center in Madison, where his work with students, faculty and staff in forming an intellectually vibrant and supportive learning community will be acknowledged.
The Barrington-Musolf Faculty Research Award will be conferred at the UW Colleges Convocation, set for Aug. 26 in Fond du Lac. The award selection committee, comprised of three department chairs, cited Foy’s research and writing as “accessible and applicable, offering students a lens on interpreting the world they live in.” They based their assessment on his work writing two chapters and co-editing the book, Homer Simpson Marches on Washington: Dissent Through American Popular Culture, published earlier this year. The $500 monetary award can be used to support additional research or cover professional travel expenses.
“I feel very lucky to have the support of my peers, who are themselves engaged in outstanding research and the highest quality teaching and community engagement,” Foy commented. “I am blessed to have been given the opportunity to work with the students, staff, and faculty at the University of Wisconsin Colleges, and UW-Waukesha in particular.”
A graduate of Carroll College, Helena, Mont., Foy earned both master’s and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Notre Dame. He lives with his wife and son in Waukesha.
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- ERBERT & GERBERT’S OPENS AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSIN
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Richfield Art at the Mill