WAUKESHA – Associate Professor Joseph Foy, who has taught political science at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha since 2005, was doubly recognized in July, selected for a Chancellor’s Award of Excellence for his work in the learning community on campus and for a Barrington-Musolf Faculty Research Award for his writings.
Foy will be recognized at the Chancellor’s Award Banquet on Thursday, Sept. 23, in the Lowell Center in Madison, where his work with students, faculty and staff in forming an intellectually vibrant and supportive learning community will be acknowledged.
The Barrington-Musolf Faculty Research Award will be conferred at the UW Colleges Convocation, set for Aug. 26 in Fond du Lac. The award selection committee, comprised of three department chairs, cited Foy’s research and writing as “accessible and applicable, offering students a lens on interpreting the world they live in.” They based their assessment on his work writing two chapters and co-editing the book, Homer Simpson Marches on Washington: Dissent Through American Popular Culture, published earlier this year. The $500 monetary award can be used to support additional research or cover professional travel expenses.
“I feel very lucky to have the support of my peers, who are themselves engaged in outstanding research and the highest quality teaching and community engagement,” Foy commented. “I am blessed to have been given the opportunity to work with the students, staff, and faculty at the University of Wisconsin Colleges, and UW-Waukesha in particular.”
A graduate of Carroll College, Helena, Mont., Foy earned both master’s and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Notre Dame. He lives with his wife and son in Waukesha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free 'No Regrets Car Buying' Educational Seminar Offered At Veterans Hospital
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- West Allis Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Meet Our Vets