Both West Allis boys golf teams are looking for solid seasons in 2013 - if they could only get out on a golf course.
West Allis Central has three seniors in Dominic Craig, Eric Ausbon and Tyler Lansing, who will play on either the varsity or junior varsity.
"Central golf will be improved this year with the leadership of Craig," head coach Jim Dunham said. "The team will rely on both Dominic and Eric for consistent low scores. (Juniors) Eric Owens and Dan Doyle have the potential to shoot low scores, with an emphasis on their short games."
West Allis Hale will be led by four seniors: John Zilles, Danny Lemanske, Taylor Manz and Arthur Arena.
Head coach Dan Mroczenski said juniors Steve Delo and Nico Manicuso and sophomores Derrick Oleson and Dane Ulik will also vie for playing time.
The Bulldogs and Huskies both had meets postponed last week by the inclement weather and, along with the Greenfield and Whitnall squads, hope to open the season this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale's Ron Kurtz crosses finish line of coaching career
- Losses continue for competitive West Allis Central baseball team
- Long before NBA draft, Looney leaves impression on West Allis Central coach
- West Allis Hale baseball team starts poorly but finishes week strongly
- West Allis Hale makes move up Greater Metro Conference ladder with three victories
- West Allis Nighthawks break loose on offense, hammer Grafton
- Greenfield baseball team blanks Pius XI 1-0 in contest at Miller Park
- West Allis Hale's Scherer claims medal in pole vault at state track meet
- Sport Shorts: June 4, 2015
- Criswell paces West Allis Central boys state track contingent