Both West Allis boys golf teams are looking for solid seasons in 2013 - if they could only get out on a golf course.
West Allis Central has three seniors in Dominic Craig, Eric Ausbon and Tyler Lansing, who will play on either the varsity or junior varsity.
"Central golf will be improved this year with the leadership of Craig," head coach Jim Dunham said. "The team will rely on both Dominic and Eric for consistent low scores. (Juniors) Eric Owens and Dan Doyle have the potential to shoot low scores, with an emphasis on their short games."
West Allis Hale will be led by four seniors: John Zilles, Danny Lemanske, Taylor Manz and Arthur Arena.
Head coach Dan Mroczenski said juniors Steve Delo and Nico Manicuso and sophomores Derrick Oleson and Dane Ulik will also vie for playing time.
The Bulldogs and Huskies both had meets postponed last week by the inclement weather and, along with the Greenfield and Whitnall squads, hope to open the season this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Nighthawks get split, share Lakes East lead with New Berlin
- Oak Creek's big rally knocks West Allis Hale out of baseball playoffs
- Mials McMurray, West Allis Hale pull away from Bulldogs in regional
- Baseball: Oak Creek baseball team rallies big
- Baseball: Hale breaks spell with four-run sixth to top West Allis Central
- Hale baseball team downs Central to pull out GMC tournament victory
- Central baseball team wins two, breaks into double digits in victories
- Muskego Hitmen semipro football team opens home season July 19
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh
- Late rally propels West Allis Hale baseball team past Franklin, 5-4