Greenfield girls swimming
Brooke Charles placed third in the 100 breast stroke with 1 minute, 12.44 seconds to highlight the Hustlin' Hawks' effort in a WIAA Division 1 sectional meet at Kenosha Tremper on Saturday.
Charles' effort did not qualify her for this weekend's state meet, however.
The 200 medley relay team of Cayla Mrnik, Charles, Phoebe Muszynski and Lexus Kirkpatrick claimed 10th (2:11.81).
Taking 12th were the 200 freestyle group of Charles, Muszynski, Sydney Fricker and Mrnik (2:00.19) and the 400 freestyle group of Morgan Borchardt, Fricker, Kariann Krizan and Miranda Witt (4:44.45).
Witt also finished 16th in the 100 backstroke (1:17.6) for the Hawks, who tallied 51 points for 12th place as a team.
Of the sectional finishers, only Krizan is a senior, so Greenfield will have plenty of experience returning next season.
West Allis girls swimming
Diver Morgan Ziolecki claimed ninth place for the Wave with 276.15 points in a WIAA Division 1 sectional meet at Waukesha South on Saturday.
She was followed by teammates Cierra DuFay in 10th (274.95) and Emily Fuchs in 11th (251.55).
Finishing 13th in swimming events for West Allis were the 200 freestyle group of Jessica Drews, Tara Kelley, Cortney Wery and Brianna Kulas (2 minutes, 2.55 seconds) and the 400 freestyle unit of Kelley, Drews, Brittany House and Kulas (4:37.7).
The Wave tallied 44 points for 13th place in the sectional, which was won by Waukesha South/Mukwonago at 396 points.
Fuchs is the lone senior in the Wave group of top-16 finishers.
Hale girls volleyball
The Huskies announced their awards for the 2012 season.
Jaime Supple made second-team all-Greater Metro Conference at outside hitter, while Rachel Milani earned honorable mention at middle hitter and Caitlin Kantowski honorable mention at outside hitter.
GMC scholar-athletes are Miranda Bailey, Marlee Freitag, Kelsey Urbaniak, Kantowski and Milani.
The Huskies finished fifth in the GMC in 2012.
"With all the injuries on varsity, it was really difficult to get any consistency going," head coach Leng Sayaovong said. "I believe we ran at least 10 different lineups this season.
"Even with all the injuries and lineup changes, I believe that it was a good season. The players adapted well to every challenge placed in front of them. I hope that the players have learned that they can achieve anything they set their minds and hearts to and that when faced with a challenge, to never give up and put in the hard work to overcome those challenges."
- Compiled by John Rech
- Greenfield, Whitnall, West Allis Hale and West Allis Central Sport Shorts: June 9, 2016
- West Allis, Greenfield and Whitnall Sports Shorts: June 2, 2016
- Whitnall, Nathan Hale, West Allis Central and Greenfield High School Sport Shorts: May 26
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sport Shorts: May 12, 2016
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sport Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Sport Shorts: March 31
- Sport Shorts: March 3, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 25, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 18, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 11, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 4, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 28, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 21, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 14, 2016
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 7, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 31, 2015