The Bulldogs finished second in their bracket at the Northern Exposure Tournament in Merrill last weekend with a 4-3 dual record.
They beat Pittsville, 42-31; the Grizzlies, 59-15; Stanley-Boyd, 52-18; and Medford, 52-20, while losing to Menomonee Falls, 47-18; Mineral Point, 44-21; and Merrill, 47-19.
Going 7-0 for the tournament were Tere White at 113 pounds and Dylan Diebitz at 170 pounds. Tyus White compiled a 6-1 record at 106 pounds, Alan Silva went 5-2 at 138 pounds and Jose Ramos was 4-3 at 126.
Collecting three victories were Dave Anich (120), Marc-Anthony Schnepp (132), Mike Kooi (145), Vince Skowera (160), Jason Alvarez (182), Tong Vang (195) and Troy Evans (220).
The Bulldogs visit Brookfield Central at 7:30 p.m. Thursday for a Greater Metro Conference dual.
Whitnall, Central girls basketball
The Falcons blanked the Bulldogs in the first quarter en route to a 43-22 triumph on Friday afternoon.
Whitnall was up 14-0 after the period and held a 25-7 halftime advantage.
Ashley Markowiak nearly matched the Central total as she tallied a game-high 21 points. Jackie Gruszka added seven points.
For Central, Mary Martens and Gabby Coto-Valentin each scored five points.
Whitnall (8-3) welcomes South Milwaukee at 7:30 p.m. Friday as Woodland Conference play continues. Central (1-7) visits Menomonee Falls at 7:30 Friday as Greater Metro Conference action resumes.
- Compiled by John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 9, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 1
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 24, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 17, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 10, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 3, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Sport Shorts: June 4, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 28, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Sport Shorts: April 2, 2015
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 12, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 5, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 29, 2015
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 22, 2015