Nick Sotiros pitched a solid game for the West Allis Hale baseball team against South Milwaukee on July 9, but the Huskies still fell 3-0 in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
Sotiros worked six innings, allowing six hits and two earned runs, but was topped by South Milwaukee's Evan Marlowe, who also gave up six hits and struck out six in pitching the shutout.
Marcel Mundt tallied two hits for Hale, while Sotiros, Nate Gryzbowski, Tyler Lucchesi and Nick Mand each had one hit.
The loss ended Hale's season at 8-19, while the Rockets went on to a regional championship game on Friday, which they lost to top seed Oak Creek, 9-3.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central wrestlers take control of GMC race with 29-27 win over Falls
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 18, 2014
- West Allis gymnastics team boasts larger turnout for 2014-15 campaign
- West Allis Hale boys handed first loss of season in GMC
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11
- Whitnall/Greendale, West Allis Central place one, two at East Troy
- Brandon Driessen, Cody Schumitsch both make Now All-Suburban team
- West Allis Hale boys basketball team continues its early-season roll
- Dax Rodriguez resigns from West Allis Central football coaching spot
- West Allis Hale girls team improves to 2-0 by topping St. Thomas More