Nick Sotiros pitched a solid game for the West Allis Hale baseball team against South Milwaukee on July 9, but the Huskies still fell 3-0 in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
Sotiros worked six innings, allowing six hits and two earned runs, but was topped by South Milwaukee's Evan Marlowe, who also gave up six hits and struck out six in pitching the shutout.
Marcel Mundt tallied two hits for Hale, while Sotiros, Nate Gryzbowski, Tyler Lucchesi and Nick Mand each had one hit.
The loss ended Hale's season at 8-19, while the Rockets went on to a regional championship game on Friday, which they lost to top seed Oak Creek, 9-3.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 9, 2015
- West Allis Hale keeps football playoff hopes alive with victory over Wauwatosa East
- Greenfield football team tops Whitnall to end long conference championship drought
- West Allis Central boys soccer team notches first victory of season
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 1
- Greenfield/Pius XI swimming squad surges to third in Woodland Conference Relays
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 24, 2015
- Football: West Allis Hale football team overcomes weather conditions, Central to post victory (1)
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 17, 2015
- West Allis Hale boys soccer team off to red-hot start in 2015