Nick Sotiros pitched a solid game for the West Allis Hale baseball team against South Milwaukee on July 9, but the Huskies still fell 3-0 in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
Sotiros worked six innings, allowing six hits and two earned runs, but was topped by South Milwaukee's Evan Marlowe, who also gave up six hits and struck out six in pitching the shutout.
Marcel Mundt tallied two hits for Hale, while Sotiros, Nate Gryzbowski, Tyler Lucchesi and Nick Mand each had one hit.
The loss ended Hale's season at 8-19, while the Rockets went on to a regional championship game on Friday, which they lost to top seed Oak Creek, 9-3.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hale cross country runners Nelson and Mihaljevic head to state
- Sport Shorts: Oct, 23, 2014 issue
- West Allis Hale closes out football season with 35-7 loss to Lancers
- West Allis Hale runners place fourth in GMC among some elite company
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- West Allis Hale cross country teams surge to second at Waterford
- West Allis Central boys soccer team posts first victory of season
- High-powered offense boosts West Allis Hale football team over East
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8