Nick Sotiros pitched a solid game for the West Allis Hale baseball team against South Milwaukee on July 9, but the Huskies still fell 3-0 in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
Sotiros worked six innings, allowing six hits and two earned runs, but was topped by South Milwaukee's Evan Marlowe, who also gave up six hits and struck out six in pitching the shutout.
Marcel Mundt tallied two hits for Hale, while Sotiros, Nate Gryzbowski, Tyler Lucchesi and Nick Mand each had one hit.
The loss ended Hale's season at 8-19, while the Rockets went on to a regional championship game on Friday, which they lost to top seed Oak Creek, 9-3.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale's Ron Kurtz crosses finish line of coaching career
- Losses continue for competitive West Allis Central baseball team
- Long before NBA draft, Looney leaves impression on West Allis Central coach
- West Allis Hale baseball team starts poorly but finishes week strongly
- West Allis Hale makes move up Greater Metro Conference ladder with three victories
- West Allis Nighthawks break loose on offense, hammer Grafton
- Greenfield baseball team blanks Pius XI 1-0 in contest at Miller Park
- West Allis Hale's Scherer claims medal in pole vault at state track meet
- Sport Shorts: June 4, 2015
- Criswell paces West Allis Central boys state track contingent