Nick Sotiros pitched a solid game for the West Allis Hale baseball team against South Milwaukee on July 9, but the Huskies still fell 3-0 in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
Sotiros worked six innings, allowing six hits and two earned runs, but was topped by South Milwaukee's Evan Marlowe, who also gave up six hits and struck out six in pitching the shutout.
Marcel Mundt tallied two hits for Hale, while Sotiros, Nate Gryzbowski, Tyler Lucchesi and Nick Mand each had one hit.
The loss ended Hale's season at 8-19, while the Rockets went on to a regional championship game on Friday, which they lost to top seed Oak Creek, 9-3.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale boys basketball team hopes to build on 2013-14 state run
- West Allis Hale boys cross country team announces season awards
- Hot-shooting West Allis Hale girls roll past Lutheran in season opener
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team hoping for breakthrough season
- West Allis divers perform well in WIAA Division 1 sectional action
- West Allis Hale boys volleyball team ousted from tourney by Spartans
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 6, 2014
- Hale cross country runners Nelson and Mihaljevic head to state
- Sport Shorts: Oct, 23, 2014 issue
- West Allis Hale closes out football season with 35-7 loss to Lancers