UW-Whitewater senior Marcus Smith, a West Allis Central graduate, earned athlete of the week honors from the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association for Division III, UW-Whitewater and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. He won the 60-meter hurdles in a Kachel Fieldhouse record time of 8.15 seconds, currently the fastest listed in the NCAA Division III honor roll in the event and just 0.02 seconds short of the school record.
The number of individual weight-class Greater Metro Conference championships won by West Allis Central.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The West Allis Hale boys cross country team was named an Academic All-State team by the Wisconsin Cross Country Coaches Association. Team members are Sam Gagliano, Milan Stojanovic, Robert Effinger, Daniel Nelson, Tony Lozano, Tim Ebben and Bailey Keune.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 9, 2015
- West Allis Hale keeps football playoff hopes alive with victory over Wauwatosa East
- Greenfield football team tops Whitnall to end long conference championship drought
- West Allis Central boys soccer team notches first victory of season
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 1
- Greenfield/Pius XI swimming squad surges to third in Woodland Conference Relays
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 24, 2015
- Football: West Allis Hale football team overcomes weather conditions, Central to post victory (1)
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 17, 2015
- West Allis Hale boys soccer team off to red-hot start in 2015