UW-Whitewater senior Marcus Smith, a West Allis Central graduate, earned athlete of the week honors from the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association for Division III, UW-Whitewater and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. He won the 60-meter hurdles in a Kachel Fieldhouse record time of 8.15 seconds, currently the fastest listed in the NCAA Division III honor roll in the event and just 0.02 seconds short of the school record.
The number of individual weight-class Greater Metro Conference championships won by West Allis Central.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The West Allis Hale boys cross country team was named an Academic All-State team by the Wisconsin Cross Country Coaches Association. Team members are Sam Gagliano, Milan Stojanovic, Robert Effinger, Daniel Nelson, Tony Lozano, Tim Ebben and Bailey Keune.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Shorewood's Florsheim master of 5K in Arrowhead CC
- Lauren Lent, Jordan Plantiko bring home world crowns in powerlifting
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 18
- Sluggish offense again costs West Allis Central in loss to Tosa East
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 11
- West Allis Central squads finish 10th in own Bulldog Invitational
- Hale football team gives up big plays, drops GMC contest to Indians
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5