UW-Whitewater senior Marcus Smith, a West Allis Central graduate, earned athlete of the week honors from the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association for Division III, UW-Whitewater and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. He won the 60-meter hurdles in a Kachel Fieldhouse record time of 8.15 seconds, currently the fastest listed in the NCAA Division III honor roll in the event and just 0.02 seconds short of the school record.
The number of individual weight-class Greater Metro Conference championships won by West Allis Central.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The West Allis Hale boys cross country team was named an Academic All-State team by the Wisconsin Cross Country Coaches Association. Team members are Sam Gagliano, Milan Stojanovic, Robert Effinger, Daniel Nelson, Tony Lozano, Tim Ebben and Bailey Keune.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale boys basketball team boasts strong shooting, athleticism in 2015-16
- Depth promises to be a strength for West Allis Central boys basketball team
- Poor shooting hurts West Allis Hale girls basketball team in loss to Nicolet
- Lee, Conroy lead West Allis Central girls basketball squad
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Greenfield, Whitnall football teams make big strides in coaches' second seasons
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team looking for winning season
- Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick sets school record at state swimming meet
- Boys soccer: West Allis Hale's Sykes, Mesich named Greater Metro first-team in soccer (1)
- Girls swimming: West Allis diver Maggie Pomerenke qualifies for state swimming meet