UW-Whitewater senior Marcus Smith, a West Allis Central graduate, earned athlete of the week honors from the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association for Division III, UW-Whitewater and the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. He won the 60-meter hurdles in a Kachel Fieldhouse record time of 8.15 seconds, currently the fastest listed in the NCAA Division III honor roll in the event and just 0.02 seconds short of the school record.
The number of individual weight-class Greater Metro Conference championships won by West Allis Central.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The West Allis Hale boys cross country team was named an Academic All-State team by the Wisconsin Cross Country Coaches Association. Team members are Sam Gagliano, Milan Stojanovic, Robert Effinger, Daniel Nelson, Tony Lozano, Tim Ebben and Bailey Keune.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video, photos: Skateboarding in West Allis
- West Allis Central graduate inducted into Wisconsin, Indiana swimming halls of fame
- Sports Notes: July 30, 2015
- Strong offensive attack paces competitive West Allis Hale baseball team
- West Allis Hale's McMurray outduels West's Fritz in regional
- West Allis Central falls short of Cudahy in regional championship
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Miscues hurt West Allis Hale baseball team in Greater Metro Conference title game
- West Allis Hale baseball team makes Greater Metro Conference Tournament run