ON TO COLLEGE
Nick Sotiros of West Allis Hale committed to play baseball at North Central College in Naperville, Ill., next season. Sotiros, who was a key pitcher on the Huskies' staff last season, was voted the team's most valuable player. He also has a 4.19 grade-point average.
Consecutive state titles won by the Whitnall boys powerlifting team. The squad tied a state record with its fifth straight crown a couple of weeks ago.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Nicole Larson and Gabby Coto-Valentin, both of West Allis Central, and West Allis Hale's Sam Gagliano all won events at Friday's Doug Johnson track invitational. Larson prevailed in the pole vault, Coto-Valentin the shot put and Gagliano the 1,600-meter run.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area wrestling teams enjoyed plenty of success
- Sports Shorts: March 13
- Boys basketball: Scoring burst ends season for West Allis Central boys basketball
- Central's White, Choinski snare state wrestling titles
- Hale's Wanta captures third at state wrestling
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: West Allis Central boys survive Looney's huge output
- West Allis Central puts five in state wrestling meet
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling meet
- West Allis Hale wrestling trio advances to state meet