ON TO COLLEGE
Nick Sotiros of West Allis Hale committed to play baseball at North Central College in Naperville, Ill., next season. Sotiros, who was a key pitcher on the Huskies' staff last season, was voted the team's most valuable player. He also has a 4.19 grade-point average.
Consecutive state titles won by the Whitnall boys powerlifting team. The squad tied a state record with its fifth straight crown a couple of weeks ago.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Nicole Larson and Gabby Coto-Valentin, both of West Allis Central, and West Allis Hale's Sam Gagliano all won events at Friday's Doug Johnson track invitational. Larson prevailed in the pole vault, Coto-Valentin the shot put and Gagliano the 1,600-meter run.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Nighthawks get split, share Lakes East lead with New Berlin
- Oak Creek's big rally knocks West Allis Hale out of baseball playoffs
- Mials McMurray, West Allis Hale pull away from Bulldogs in regional
- Baseball: Oak Creek baseball team rallies big
- Baseball: Hale breaks spell with four-run sixth to top West Allis Central
- Hale baseball team downs Central to pull out GMC tournament victory
- Central baseball team wins two, breaks into double digits in victories
- Muskego Hitmen semipro football team opens home season July 19
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh
- Late rally propels West Allis Hale baseball team past Franklin, 5-4