ON TO COLLEGE
Nick Sotiros of West Allis Hale committed to play baseball at North Central College in Naperville, Ill., next season. Sotiros, who was a key pitcher on the Huskies' staff last season, was voted the team's most valuable player. He also has a 4.19 grade-point average.
Consecutive state titles won by the Whitnall boys powerlifting team. The squad tied a state record with its fifth straight crown a couple of weeks ago.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Nicole Larson and Gabby Coto-Valentin, both of West Allis Central, and West Allis Hale's Sam Gagliano all won events at Friday's Doug Johnson track invitational. Larson prevailed in the pole vault, Coto-Valentin the shot put and Gagliano the 1,600-meter run.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Soccer recap: West Allis Hale beats Central in girls soccer rivalry game
- West Allis Central boys track and field wins nine events to take second
- Sports Shorts: April 24
- Veterans give optimism to West Allis Hale softball
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Central snaps softball losing streak
- West Allis Central's Brent Hunter, Josh Boeder star for track and field team
- Sports Shorts: April 10
- West Allis Central, Hale girls track and field teams finish in middle of pack
- West Allis Central's Key led Bulldogs' resurgence