ON TO COLLEGE
Nick Sotiros of West Allis Hale committed to play baseball at North Central College in Naperville, Ill., next season. Sotiros, who was a key pitcher on the Huskies' staff last season, was voted the team's most valuable player. He also has a 4.19 grade-point average.
Consecutive state titles won by the Whitnall boys powerlifting team. The squad tied a state record with its fifth straight crown a couple of weeks ago.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Nicole Larson and Gabby Coto-Valentin, both of West Allis Central, and West Allis Hale's Sam Gagliano all won events at Friday's Doug Johnson track invitational. Larson prevailed in the pole vault, Coto-Valentin the shot put and Gagliano the 1,600-meter run.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet seventh in Sprint Invite
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 12
- West Allis Central wrestling team looks strong on mats again
- Veterans boost West Allis Hale's wrestling outlook
- West Allis Hale girls basketball will pick up the pace
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Staying healthy will be key for Franklin girls basketball team
- West Allis Hale's Riche dropped runners, topped records
- West Allis Central boys basketball nipped by Arrowhead
- West Allis Central boys basketball looks to ace chemistry