ON TO COLLEGE
Two area athletes signed national collegiate letters of intent for football last week. Patrick Wyrowski of Whitnall will attend and play for the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire as a tight end and Nathan Getzin of Greenfield will attend and play offensive line for Trinity International University, an NAIA school in Illinois.
Area qualifiers for WIAA State Swimming and Diving Meets this weekend. Greendale/Greenfield has 12 qualifiers and West Allis one for Saturday's Division 1 Meet, while Whitnall has five for Friday's Division 2 event.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Freshman Sydnee Tomczak continued to do well for the West Allis gymnastics team last week, winning the balance beam, floor exercise and all-around in a victory over Port Washington. Tomczak also won two events and the all-around as West Allis beat Brookfield the previous week.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek's big rally knocks West Allis Hale out of baseball playoffs
- Mials McMurray, West Allis Hale pull away from Bulldogs in regional
- Baseball: Oak Creek baseball team rallies big
- Baseball: Hale breaks spell with four-run sixth to top West Allis Central
- Hale baseball team downs Central to pull out GMC tournament victory
- Central baseball team wins two, breaks into double digits in victories
- Muskego Hitmen semipro football team opens home season July 19
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh
- Late rally propels West Allis Hale baseball team past Franklin, 5-4
- Central baseball team reaches goal, qualifies for main GMC tournament