West Allis - The WIAA rule allowing football teams who do not make the playoffs to play a ninth game was embraced by West Allis Hale head coach Brandon Ehret.
"This was an opportunity for us to play another football game and send the seniors out on another positive," Ehret said. "They really deserved it. We also had the opportunity to play a number of players who hadn't seen much varsity time this season, so they were able to gain some experience for next season."
Ehret was also happy about the result, as his Huskies drilled Cudahy, 41-0, on Oct. 18.
Quarterback Nick Sotiros had an extremely productive game, collecting 100 yards and a pair of touchdowns through the air and 109 yards and two scores on the ground.
Taylor Tomczak caught four passes for 68 yards and rushed for a touchdown, while Travis Balcerzak hauled in two touchdown passes and Zach Smith ran for another score.
Defensively, Jordan Riche totaled six tackles, including three for losses, and a safety, and Mitch Chevremont tallied six tackles and a sack.
The victory gave the Huskies two straight victories to close the season and a final mark of 4-5.
- Whitnall, Nathan Hale, West Allis Central and Greenfield High School Sport Shorts: May 26
- West Allis Sports Notes: May 26
- West Allis Central softball team posts two shutout victories in regular season's final week
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- West Allis Hale track, field invitational falls victim to timing errors
- Sport Shorts: May 12, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 12, 2016
- West Allis Hale boys track and field team claims New Berlin West Invite crown
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016