Sam Michalski and Tyler Lucchesi teamed to shut out Wauwatosa East, 8-0, on July 3 in a Greater Metro Conference Tournament contest.
Michalski worked four innings, striking out five and walking two, and Lucchesi finished up with one strikeout in three frames.
The Huskies' big inning was the fifth, when they tallied three runs to go up 5-0. Nate Gryzbowski singled, Nick Sotiros doubled and Alex Elliot walked to load the bases.
Michalski singled in one run and two others came in on a double play and a passed ball as Hale took command of the game.
Elliot finished 2-for-3 with two runs batted in, while Sotiros was 2-for-2 and Michalski and Marcel Mundt each brought in one run.
Hale opened the tournament on July 2 with a 3-2 loss to rival West Allis Central. Steve Acker and Sotiros drove in the two runs and Sotiros pitched a solid six innings, allowing six hits and fanning two hitters.
The Huskies lost to Menomonee Falls, 13-3, on Friday in the final GMC Tournament game.
Peter Heal went 2-for-2 for Hale, which totaled six hits and committed three errors. A trio of pitchers allowed 15 hits.
The Huskies finished the regular season at 8-18 and opened WIAA regional play on Tuesday at South Milwaukee.
If they won, they would visit top seed and defending state champion Oak Creek at 5:30 p.m. Friday at Abendschein Park in Oak Creek in a regional championship game.
The winner goes to Whitnall High School at 11 a.m. Monday for a sectional semifinal contest, and the title game is at 5 p.m. that day at Whitnall.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale's Ron Kurtz crosses finish line of coaching career
- Losses continue for competitive West Allis Central baseball team
- Long before NBA draft, Looney leaves impression on West Allis Central coach
- West Allis Hale baseball team starts poorly but finishes week strongly
- West Allis Hale makes move up Greater Metro Conference ladder with three victories
- West Allis Nighthawks break loose on offense, hammer Grafton
- Greenfield baseball team blanks Pius XI 1-0 in contest at Miller Park
- West Allis Hale's Scherer claims medal in pole vault at state track meet
- Sport Shorts: June 4, 2015
- Criswell paces West Allis Central boys state track contingent