Sam Michalski and Tyler Lucchesi teamed to shut out Wauwatosa East, 8-0, on July 3 in a Greater Metro Conference Tournament contest.
Michalski worked four innings, striking out five and walking two, and Lucchesi finished up with one strikeout in three frames.
The Huskies' big inning was the fifth, when they tallied three runs to go up 5-0. Nate Gryzbowski singled, Nick Sotiros doubled and Alex Elliot walked to load the bases.
Michalski singled in one run and two others came in on a double play and a passed ball as Hale took command of the game.
Elliot finished 2-for-3 with two runs batted in, while Sotiros was 2-for-2 and Michalski and Marcel Mundt each brought in one run.
Hale opened the tournament on July 2 with a 3-2 loss to rival West Allis Central. Steve Acker and Sotiros drove in the two runs and Sotiros pitched a solid six innings, allowing six hits and fanning two hitters.
The Huskies lost to Menomonee Falls, 13-3, on Friday in the final GMC Tournament game.
Peter Heal went 2-for-2 for Hale, which totaled six hits and committed three errors. A trio of pitchers allowed 15 hits.
The Huskies finished the regular season at 8-18 and opened WIAA regional play on Tuesday at South Milwaukee.
If they won, they would visit top seed and defending state champion Oak Creek at 5:30 p.m. Friday at Abendschein Park in Oak Creek in a regional championship game.
The winner goes to Whitnall High School at 11 a.m. Monday for a sectional semifinal contest, and the title game is at 5 p.m. that day at Whitnall.
— John Rech
- West Allis Central freshman pitchers offer Bulldogs hope for future seasons
- Kling pitches two-hitter as West Allis Hale baseball team downs Whitnall in regional
- West Allis Hale baseball team mired in losing string in GMC Tourney
- Lack of clutch hitting, mistakes hurt West Allis Central baseball team in four defeats
- Whitnall baseball team sweeps Shorewood, loses to Eisenhower in Woodland Conference
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016