The offense was working for the West Allis Hale girls basketball team as they battled Racine Horlick in the first game of the Huskies' own holiday tournament last week.
Sarah Mueller tallied a game-high 15 points, Sam Schuh 14 points and Skylar Fox 8 points as Hale downed the Rebels, 51-47, Friday.
The Huskies' offense was slowed, however, one day later in the championship game of the tournament as they fell to Catholic Memorial, 47-30.
The split left Hale at 3-5 overall to close out the 2013 portion of the schedule.
The Huskies next visit Westosha Central at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 6 in a non-conference affair, then welcome Brookfield Central at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10 as Greater Metro Conference play continues.
They fell behind Horlick, 24-22, at the half of Friday's first-round game but took the lead with an 18-8 third period.
The Rebels came back in the fourth, but the Huskies held on to win.
Hale never got its offense going against Memorial on Saturday but was still in the game at 18-14 at the half.
The Crusaders took control of the game with a 22-6 third quarter to go ahead 40-20.
Mueller again led the way, but this time with only 8 points. Schuh added 6, but after that, it dropped off to Katie Swofford and Fox with 3 points apiece.
The Crusaders had advanced to the championship game with a 54-44 triumph over Greenfield on Friday.
Angela Deubig scored 11 points, Dana Schwab 10 and Mallory Kleczka and Lauren Bullock 6 each for the Hustlin' Hawks, who fell to 2-6 on the season.
Results of Greenfield's consolation game against Horlick were not available at press deadline.
The Hawks next visit Woodland Conference East Division leader Shorewood at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
— John Rech,
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016
- West Allis Central baseball team tops West Allis Hale, picks up first victory of season
- West Allis Hale baseball team gets one victory in four tries against GMC foes
- West Allis Hale girls soccer season ends with sectional semifinal loss to Muskego
- West Allis Central baseball team grooming freshman pitchers in 2016
- Greenfield, Whitnall, West Allis Hale and West Allis Central Sport Shorts: June 9, 2016