The offense was working for the West Allis Hale girls basketball team as they battled Racine Horlick in the first game of the Huskies' own holiday tournament last week.
Sarah Mueller tallied a game-high 15 points, Sam Schuh 14 points and Skylar Fox 8 points as Hale downed the Rebels, 51-47, Friday.
The Huskies' offense was slowed, however, one day later in the championship game of the tournament as they fell to Catholic Memorial, 47-30.
The split left Hale at 3-5 overall to close out the 2013 portion of the schedule.
The Huskies next visit Westosha Central at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 6 in a non-conference affair, then welcome Brookfield Central at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10 as Greater Metro Conference play continues.
They fell behind Horlick, 24-22, at the half of Friday's first-round game but took the lead with an 18-8 third period.
The Rebels came back in the fourth, but the Huskies held on to win.
Hale never got its offense going against Memorial on Saturday but was still in the game at 18-14 at the half.
The Crusaders took control of the game with a 22-6 third quarter to go ahead 40-20.
Mueller again led the way, but this time with only 8 points. Schuh added 6, but after that, it dropped off to Katie Swofford and Fox with 3 points apiece.
The Crusaders had advanced to the championship game with a 54-44 triumph over Greenfield on Friday.
Angela Deubig scored 11 points, Dana Schwab 10 and Mallory Kleczka and Lauren Bullock 6 each for the Hustlin' Hawks, who fell to 2-6 on the season.
Results of Greenfield's consolation game against Horlick were not available at press deadline.
The Hawks next visit Woodland Conference East Division leader Shorewood at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
— John Rech,
- Whitnall, Nathan Hale, West Allis Central and Greenfield High School Sport Shorts: May 26
- West Allis Sports Notes: May 26
- West Allis Central softball team posts two shutout victories in regular season's final week
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- West Allis Hale track, field invitational falls victim to timing errors
- Sport Shorts: May 12, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 12, 2016
- West Allis Hale boys track and field team claims New Berlin West Invite crown
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016