West Allis - Waige Fischer of West Allis Central rolled up 127 yards rushing and three touchdowns as the Bulldogs topped Greenfield, 21-13, in a non-conference football game on Oct. 18.
Fischer tallied on rushes of 25, four and five yards as Central built an early 21-0 advantage over its neighbors.
Greenfield rallied on a 4-yard scoring run from Ashton Wendler and a 53-yard touchdown burst by Xavier Copeland to come within 21-13, but the Hustlin' Hawks could get no closer.
Central quarterback Will Konecny completed four passes for 55 yards, with Fischer catching two for 31 yards. Dushon Glover added 29 yards on the ground for the Bulldogs.
For the Hawks, Copeland finished with 102 yards rushing and Reggie Blakely 64 yards. Quarterback Alec Piekarski connected on two passes, both to Wendler, for 25 yards.
The Bulldogs finished the campaign with two straight victories and a 2-7 record, the same as the Hustlin' Hawks.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Veterans give optimism to West Allis Hale softball
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Central snaps softball losing streak
- West Allis Central's Brent Hunter, Josh Boeder star for track and field team
- Sports Shorts: April 10
- West Allis Central, Hale girls track and field teams finish in middle of pack
- West Allis Central's Key led Bulldogs' resurgence
- West Allis Central adds another track championship
- West Allis Central, Hale track and field teams do well in relays
- Central boys claim Reinhard relay crown