West Allis - Waige Fischer of West Allis Central rolled up 127 yards rushing and three touchdowns as the Bulldogs topped Greenfield, 21-13, in a non-conference football game on Oct. 18.
Fischer tallied on rushes of 25, four and five yards as Central built an early 21-0 advantage over its neighbors.
Greenfield rallied on a 4-yard scoring run from Ashton Wendler and a 53-yard touchdown burst by Xavier Copeland to come within 21-13, but the Hustlin' Hawks could get no closer.
Central quarterback Will Konecny completed four passes for 55 yards, with Fischer catching two for 31 yards. Dushon Glover added 29 yards on the ground for the Bulldogs.
For the Hawks, Copeland finished with 102 yards rushing and Reggie Blakely 64 yards. Quarterback Alec Piekarski connected on two passes, both to Wendler, for 25 yards.
The Bulldogs finished the campaign with two straight victories and a 2-7 record, the same as the Hustlin' Hawks.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Oct, 23, 2014 issue
- West Allis Hale closes out football season with 35-7 loss to Lancers
- West Allis Hale runners place fourth in GMC among some elite company
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- West Allis Hale cross country teams surge to second at Waterford
- West Allis Central boys soccer team posts first victory of season
- High-powered offense boosts West Allis Hale football team over East
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 9, 2014 issue