West Allis - The rebuilding project for the West Allis Hale boys basketball team will continue with a new coach next season.
Kenny Bosch, the coach for the past two seasons, will not be back for the 2012-13 campaign. His contract was not renewed by the school last week.
The search for his replacement has already begun, said Hale athletic administrator Elliott Kramsky.
Bosch's first team won one game, a 61-31 triumph over Cudahy on Feb. 8, 2011, but it was a notable one. The victory broke a 61-game losing streak by the Huskies dating back to 2008.
In 2011-12, Hale improved to 5-18, beating five non-conference foes and winning its own holiday tournament.
"I am proud of the progress we made in my short time here," Bosch said. "This season, we had our best record in five years and our third-best scoring average in the past 10 years. We had three players earn all-Greater Metro Conference honors.
"The guys went from feeling doubt to expecting to win, and I am happy to be a part of that. Also, we had good opportunities off the court for team bonding."
- John Rech
- Kling pitches two-hitter as West Allis Hale baseball team downs Whitnall in regional
- West Allis Hale baseball team mired in losing string in GMC Tourney
- Lack of clutch hitting, mistakes hurt West Allis Central baseball team in four defeats
- Whitnall baseball team sweeps Shorewood, loses to Eisenhower in Woodland Conference
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016
- West Allis Central baseball team tops West Allis Hale, picks up first victory of season